Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Prime Minister

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Dougal said:
lets hope bliar does a u turn, best pm ever

then why is the country such a shit pit?

oh yeah, thanks for the human rights act tony you twat. get back on gmtv where fiona fuckwit can kiss your arse again

bring back maggie

larus

Yorkie said:
Voters vote for a party to govern not a Prime Minister. That party can choose whoever they like as leader during their time in office. They could change it every year if they wish to do so.

That is totally incorrect.

If Maggie had still been in power in '92, do you think the Tories would have won? People vote for the party and what they feel the party stands for. This is embodied in the leader. GB and TB are very different animals.

Labour have totally screwed up here. GB does not have the charisma to be the leader, and after watching the despatches program on C4 the other night, he's going to find that he needs to be able to work wth people to govern. I can see a divided Labour party emerging again in the relatively near future.

Also, many people associate him with the total FLEECING of the pension industry. It was WIDELY accepted in the finance industry that the effects of his tax change on dividend payments would not have an immedaite effect, but would have a major effect. This has proved to be the case.

He wants the glory but not the accountability - well, guess what sunshine, your days of being able to not answer for the mistakes by sending out a junoir minister are over.

I can't see Labour holding on to power now - TB was unpopular, but GB is still a step back, and for that I thank the Labour MP's with all my heart. :bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BensGrandad said:
After Maggie.

after Churchill

after Macmillan

after Disraeli

after Gladstone

after LLoyd George

after Cromwell

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Race said:
Dougal said:

oh yeah, thanks for the human rights act tony you twat. get back on gmtv where fiona fuckwit can kiss your arse again

bring back maggie

which was a European Law wasnt it?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Race said:
Dougal said:

bring back maggie
I rather like this country. I don't think it's any more or less of a shit pit than anywhere else. Perhaps that's just Southampton you're thinking of.

And what's wrong with a Human Rights Act?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Race said:
Dougal said:

bring back maggie

move somewhere else then. This country is brilliant , quality schooling , excellant medical care , oppurtunities a plenty , even the transport issues have improved greatly.

Shit pit ........... Not at all

Beach Hut said:
Yep and hopefully Maggie back in the frame.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Not now surely

She's in the land of tthe living dead apparently. Already had one big stroke and she doesn't look that long for this world.

if it wasn't so sad and personally tragic for her, I'd be :drink:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
please never Cameron!!!

I'm not hugely political but even i can see that that tosser jumps onto any available bandwagon - prostituting himself for votes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Race said:
Shit pit? What the f*** are you on about? This country is feckin CHAMPION when there are no right wing lunatics ruining it by closing down entire communities and f***ing up nationalised industries like the trains.

BensGrandad said:
After Maggie.

Labour supporters voted for Labour to make BLIAR PM not Brown when Bliar resigns there should be another General Election to give the new PM whoever it may be a mandate to govern..

You mean like the toerags did when the Witch was kicked out of number 10?

Typical tory double standards.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ohhh politics.

All I would say is that whoever is in charge we need a strong opposition...so you dont let the current idiots (whoever they may be) run amok.

And thats the problem we have now. And Labour had it when Maggie was in charge.

Lets face it at the moment the Tories are a shower of shit like Labour were when we had Thatcher in charge.

Strong opposition may just have changed things.

Pavilionaire said:
It won't take long before the public can see how uncomfortable Brown is as PM in terms of the meeting, greeting, schmoozing and press side of things.

The guy is AWKWARD! Blair's brilliance at "interfacing" as PM is becoming ever more apparent the more we see of Brown.

Cameron will be cracking open the champagne tonight.

tbh how do you know that, he had been sidelined out of the media, people who I know who have met reckon he is easy going, friendly etc

The media - remember it is still Conservative with a big C - are anniliating his personality and bigging up Cameron.

I 've also noticed that the Conservatives are constantly emphasising that the Labour admoinistration is incompetant and would be better run under the Conservatives?

Which is news to me since nearly all services are delivered locally - and by non-political officers, administration, nurses and NOT politicains.

larus said:
That is totally incorrect.

If Maggie had still been in power in '92, do you think the Tories would have won? People vote for the party and what they feel the party stands for. This is embodied in the leader. GB and TB are very different animals.

Labour have totally screwed up here. GB does not have the charisma to be the leader, and after watching the despatches program on C4 the other night, he's going to find that he needs to be able to work wth people to govern. I can see a divided Labour party emerging again in the relatively near future.

Also, many people associate him with the total FLEECING of the pension industry. It was WIDELY accepted in the finance industry that the effects of his tax change on dividend payments would not have an immedaite effect, but would have a major effect. This has proved to be the case.

He wants the glory but not the accountability - well, guess what sunshine, your days of being able to not answer for the mistakes by sending out a junoir minister are over.

I can't see Labour holding on to power now - TB was unpopular, but GB is still a step back, and for that I thank the Labour MP's with all my heart. :bowdown:

tHAT'S WHY 308 LABOUR mp'S VOTED FOR HIM, PROBABLY THE BEST CASE OF unity outside of the Communist block ever.

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Whats the big deal about bringing back maggie? she was the worst thing that ever happend to this country.
Wasted the proceeds of north sea oil fighting the coal miners,
A boom bust economy.
The me me me yuppies.
We have had a very stable economy for the last ten years and thats what it's all about at the end of the day. [it's the economy stupid].

Remember in 97, the electorate was so desperate to get rid of the Consevatives, that foor the very first time, there was wholescale tactical voting, just to get them out of seats. People put aside their traditions of voting for who they wanted to who who be the best party to beat the Conservatives.

This tradition has continued at National elections, dampened under Blair after the Iraq war but Labour voters would rather vote Liberal than to let Cameron in.

It is also one of the reasons why Labour can poll 40% of the vote but win land slides elections.

Albert Hitler

May 13, 2007
Race said:
Dougal said:

bring back maggie

Please explain what good Maggie Thatcher did?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I consider myself a natural conservative supporter, being ever so slightly right of centre in my thinking. But despite being of age for 11 years I've never once voted for them in a national election. I will though vote for David Cameron.

I like him, I really like the fact that he didn't commit to policies early and I like the way that he is pissing off the Tory right.

I'm sure that David Cameron wouldn't like to be compared to it, but really does resemble how Tony Blair sorted out Labour during the rule 4 stuff all those year ago.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
my own political bias aside, I think a coronation rather than a fight is bad news for Labour. If McDonnell had stood it would have allowed Brown to say to middle England (who he needs) that the left is permanently buried. An election is good for the soul, gets grievances out in the open and forces candidates to confront their detractors. As it is, McDonnell's many supporters especially in the trade unions are left feeling cheated and ignored.

As I say, this is me trying to be impartial, like.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
The Labour Government ran into difficulties with the industrial disputes, strikes, high unemployment, and collapsing public services during the winter of 1978-9, dubbed the 'Winter of Discontent'. The Conservatives used campaign posters with slogans such as "Labour Isn't Working" to attack the government's record over unemployment and its over-regulation of the labour market.

James Callaghan's Labour government fell after a successful Motion of No Confidence in spring 1979.

In the run up to the 1979 General Election, most opinion polls showed that voters preferred James Callaghan as Prime Minister even as the Conservative Party maintained a lead in the polls. The Conservatives would go on to win a 44-seat majority in the House of Commons and Margaret Thatcher became the United Kingdom's first female Prime Minister. On arriving at 10 Downing Street, she famously said, in a paraphrase of St. Francis of Assisi:

“ Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope."

oh ye of bad memories
:bowdown: :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here