Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Premier League Record

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Well, it seems you are over-blowing the 'Premier League' part in this.
If that's the record, then surely that means it's not as great as an all-time Prem/First Division record in all football history. See, it depends how you read it.
Now if you want to, you can ignore this new 'record' altogether if it doesn't stretch back through league history.

You'd probably find that an all-time clean sheet record was probably set in 1907 in the 3rd Division North by Leatherhead or something similar in age.
Such a league record might be diminished, because of the number and range of teams competing, and the time in the game.

This brings to mind Romario of Brazil, who lays claim to having scored 1,000 goals. It's his own goal-count, not an official one, and perhaps he counts a couple of deflections and some low-league strikes - thus spreading a little mist of doubt over the achievement.
United's record will be more reliable for being recent.

You can be as picky as you want, but you know exactly what I mean, and so do most others on this thread.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
The analogy for choosing to support a big club, rather than the Albion ,that I prefer is: Its like marrying a bird just because she looks amazing has enormous norks and is great in bed rather than settling for a flat chested ginger pubed manic depressive who keeps pissing in your slippers when your not looking and slagging you off in front of your pals.

The only downside is that the Big norked bird costs you a fortune to support has shagged all your mates and doesn't love you in the slightest, whilst ginger droop appreciates the fact that you care and every now and again she does something that makes you so proud of her you want to cry.

Oh, and none of your mates will try it on with her.

That is possibly the best thing anyone has written about anything, ever.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sorry mate, it matters to me when we can't fill withdean, we need to more or less double our support when we get falmer & 3/4 of sussex are parading around in man u,liverpool, Chelsea shirts.

Unfortunately with the situation surrounding our ground problems we've missed out on a whole generation of young fans, my nipper included. We can only hope that when falmer is finally up and running we can start attracting youngsters in greater numbers.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I agree with you, but how do you MAKE kids support the Albion when they can watch the top teams playing great football every week?

Nail on head Knotty.

When I was a young whipper-snapper (early 70's) I "supported" either Leeds or Manchester United, which ever one happened to be on form that day/week/month.

Then, like many others I guess, my dad took me to The Goldstone, and my love affair with the Albion began.

Had there been the widespread tv saturation of top flight football then, that there is now I think that may have been less likely to happen.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Nail on head Knotty.

When I was a young whipper-snapper (early 70's) I "supported" either Leeds or Manchester United, which ever one happened to be on form that day/week/month.

Then, like many others I guess, my dad took me to The Goldstone, and my love affair with the Albion began.

Had there been the widespread tv saturation of top flight football then, that there is now I think that may have been less likely to happen.

There was a good article in todays Sun of all places. About Hoffenheim in German. 19 years ago they were in the EIGHTH tier of German football, at the moment they sit top of the Bundesliga.

They have opened a brand new 30,000 seater stadium. They have been playing well and attracting support for all those years, which isnt bad considering the village in which this club started has a population of 3,200

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here