Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New players

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
OK, just floating an idea - where is Heskey now? Has he got a club? Has he got a deal? Would rip defences in this league apart!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Adrian Durham saying tonight that Ipswich have made a joint bid of £1.5m for Boyd and Taylor from Posh. He reckons they're on their way and Posh are as good as down already, thats positive. Sounds like quite a good deal considering some of the fees that were being touted for Boyd a year or so ago. But then he hasn't been pulling up many trees lately. Maybe he's lost his mojo and needs a new club to help him rediscover it. Should we think about Boyd, maybe a swop with Harley?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
OK, just floating an idea - where is Heskey now? Has he got a club? Has he got a deal? Would rip defences in this league apart!

Seems like Heskey is waiting for the best possible deal he can get by waiting until 11pm on Friday.

Adrian Durham saying tonight that Ipswich have made a joint bid of £1.5m for Boyd and Taylor from Posh. He reckons they're on their way and Posh are as good as down already, thats positive. Sounds like quite a good deal considering some of the fees that were being touted for Boyd a year or so ago. But then he hasn't been pulling up many trees lately. Maybe he's lost his mojo and needs a new club to help him rediscover it. Should we think about Boyd, maybe a swop with Harley?

Not surprised if Boyd goes cheaply but would have expected Posh to have held out for more for Taylor. Mind you after conceding six at Blackpool they seem strange priority players for Ipswich.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not surprised if Boyd goes cheaply but would have expected Posh to have held out for more for Taylor. Mind you after conceding six at Blackpool they seem strange priority players for Ipswich.

Boyd is only contracted until the end of the season. I think he'd be a fantastic signing and reasonably cheap, due to contract.

Oh and I think we'll get a loan after window closes and a free transfer, a la Vicente.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
I think one (probably striker) but hoping for 2 (striker and centre mid) Injuries to either Barnes, CMS, Bridcutt or Crofts would not put us in a good position with the injury proneness of Buckley, Kaz and Hoskins imo!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
According to the Evening Standard today, Arsenal could be prepared to let Andrei Arshavin go for as little as £1M. Would most likely want to stay in Premiership, but could do worse....

Arsenal Slash Prices

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Seems like Heskey is waiting for the best possible deal he can get by waiting until 11pm on Friday.

still training with Wigan I believe although they definitely wont be offering him a route back to the Prem. Holding out for someone to match his wage expectations but no-one will so it will be the highest bidder at the last minute.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

If he is without a club, does the transfer deadline still apply?

i seem to remember out of contract players joining at any time. Not sure though.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
as the days go and we hear no noises from the club becoming concerned that we will not sign anyone this window and will wait until loan window opens for some possible short term loans. Squad is good except paper thin in forward areas so that would be a worry for me. hoping for striker and midfielder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here