Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Players

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
He was APPALLING at Southend, gifting them two goals, made a Hendo-mistake at Bristol, was shite against Blackpool, blundered AGAIN against Forest at home ... given that I didn't see all of his games, five goal-costing mistakes in so few games is a pretty awful record.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Surely the standard for Kuipers has been long-kept. He is a very good shotstopper and a muscular figure in goal, seemingly likeable and sincere, but his positional thought and control of HIS area have been less than adequate a number of times. I've always liked him to some etxent, but never feel safe when a ball's passed back to him, and it sometimes seems the defence aren't either.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Consistantly badly. Kuipers is the most overated player to play for us in years and the hero worship he gets is sickening when last season it was plain to see he doesnt care less about the team - just himself. Before anyone asks I base this on the fact that when Hendo was getting all the unwarrented barracking Kuipers never once said "hang on, the supporters should be getting behind whoever plays". No, by saying nothing and not backing up his fellow player he was doing his best to worm his way back into the team - something he would never have been able to do on performance alone.

I have no respect for Kuipers as a man or a player for that reason. :albion2:

WTF!? Kuipers has served the club extremely well over the years, and was almost ever-present in our 2 most recent league-winning seasons... so, he didn't back Hendo up... so what? Maybe he just thought it would be hypocritical given Hendo kept making glaring mistakes and was wrongly backed-up by the club's management for far, far too long...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Your'e spot on - I am a nice bloke, and I've never been a goalkeeper:lolol:

That comment isn't ridiculous though. Even if you don't think Kuipers is up to the job NOW (which is an opinion I can accept and debate, even if I do think it's totally wrong), anyone who thinks he wasn't anything other than amazing in our championship years is INSANE!

Well, I think the FDM's most recent performances have been good too...

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Chez, you have used this argument before that other posters do not have the experience of being a keeper and so do not know what it takes to be one and what the keepers should be doing.

So out of interest, what level have you played at, as a keeper?

As low as Sunday league div 10 and as high as County. Not a world beater by any means but I do know what to look for in a goalkeeper.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
But not of an amazing standard to dismiss the views of those that rate Kuipers?

As said before I dont dismiss their views I just dont agree with them and think with all respect that I am in a better position to judge having played in the position in question.

Also every other Brighton supporting keeper that I know thinks Kuipers is poor as opposed to most fans Ive spoken to who are strikers, they have the opposite opinion and think he is good.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
As said before I dont dismiss their views I just dont agree with them and think with all respect that I am in a better position to judge having played in the position in question.

Also every other Brighton supporting keeper that I know thinks Kuipers is poor as opposed to most fans Ive spoken to who are strikers, they have the opposite opinion and think he is good.

I think that is something of a generislation, most fans are aware of Kuipers limitations, however his record for the Albion is surprisingly good compared with other keepers that have been here at the same time as him.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
He was APPALLING at Southend, gifting them two goals, made a Hendo-mistake at Bristol, was shite against Blackpool, blundered AGAIN against Forest at home ... given that I didn't see all of his games, five goal-costing mistakes in so few games is a pretty awful record.

I'd agree with all of those and I can think of some more the season before last.

Luton away(0-3) was at fault for one (possibly two) of their goals. Sheffild united away the same sason, (lost 3-1) For their second (I think) goal he kicked the ball straight at Joel Lynch, who quite clearly wasnt expecting it and had his back turned, their striker said thank you very much and scored with ease.

Im happy for him to be No1 yes, but to say he isn't mistake-prone is nonsense. gret shot stopper though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Apart from the ten-mile gap he left at his near post for Lester to stick it into ...

Just watched that goal again... the defending was sh1t... Lester just waltzed in from the wing... little Kuipers could do given he had to defend his whole goal, and not just the near-post after his defence just let Lester ease his way into such a dangerous position... you really do talk utter cr@p...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'd agree with all of those and I can think of some more the season before last.

Luton away(0-3) was at fault for one (possibly two) of their goals. Sheffild united away the same sason, (lost 3-1) For their second (I think) goal he kicked the ball straight at Joel Lynch, who quite clearly wasnt expecting it and had his back turned, their striker said thank you very much and scored with ease.

Im happy for him to be No1 yes, but to say he isn't mistake-prone is nonsense. gret shot stopper though.

Nobody is saying he doesn't make mistakes, just a fcuk of a lot less than that fcuking liability Henderson...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Just watched that goal again... the defending was sh1t... Lester just waltzed in from the wing... little Kuipers could do given he had to defend his whole goal, and not just the near-post after his defence just let Lester ease his way into such a dangerous position... you really do talk utter cr@p...

Yet if Hendo did the same he would be slated

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here