Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Players

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
2 Also we have given Kuipers a contract, WHY??? Lets hope for all our sakes that we manage to persuade another keeper to join before the season starts.

I'll tell you why! Because he saves goals and we currently have no other experienced goal keeper.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
In my opinion, it doesn't... I prefer to judge players by what I see... over the years, the FDM has performed consistently well for the Albion... Hendo was a fcuking liability and cost us valuable points...

Consistantly badly. Kuipers is the most overated player to play for us in years and the hero worship he gets is sickening when last season it was plain to see he doesnt care less about the team - just himself. Before anyone asks I base this on the fact that when Hendo was getting all the unwarrented barracking Kuipers never once said "hang on, the supporters should be getting behind whoever plays". No, by saying nothing and not backing up his fellow player he was doing his best to worm his way back into the team - something he would never have been able to do on performance alone.

I have no respect for Kuipers as a man or a player for that reason. :albion2:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Consistantly badly. Kuipers is the most overated player to play for us in years and the hero worship he gets is sickening when last season it was plain to see he doesnt care less about the team - just himself. Before anyone asks I base this on the fact that when Hendo was getting all the unwarrented barracking Kuipers never once said "hang on, the supporters should be getting behind whoever plays". No, by saying nothing and not backing up his fellow player he was doing his best to worm his way back into the team - something he would never have been able to do on performance alone.

Quite.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

How can you say with a straight face that ALL of Henderson's barracking was unwarranted? Some of it over-stepped the mark I grant you - but the guy was a f***ing liability to that team defensively, and it showed week in week out.

I'm not jumping on the Kuipers bandwagon here, but you have clearly forgotten his contribution to the promotions to class him as over-rated. It's not his repsonsibility to come out in the press and back his fellow pro's, that's either the managers job or could be the captains.

Besides, we should Kuipers do that for his colleague? The moment Kuipers got back in the team, Henderson spat his dummy and slapped in a transfer request. Oh yeah, real team work there.

:rolleyes:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Kuipers is a quality goalkeeper - has been for many years, and was last season when he played.

Henderson was playing, for a period, like an absolute clown.

When many fans could see it was time for a change, Wilkins persisted with Henderson. That decision was costing us points.

Why should Kuipers then come out and back the joke that is being picked ahead of him, when he knows he should be in the team, and the majority of fans know he should be in the team?

That day at Bournemouth was just the culmination of everything that people had been thinking, and getting angry about, for a long time. The way Henderson dealt with that was disgraceful, so for you to complain about Kuipers handling of the situation is a touch hypocritical. Oh, and also, I'm not sure a man with "Henderson is god" in his signature has the right to throw around accusations of "hero worship.":lolol:

Well said Mr Complete Badger.

The defence plays better with Kuipers in goal. Period.

Anyone who saw that goal at Bournemouth on New Year's Day will know for certain that Henderson was a liability. Last minute of the game FFS and a point there for the taking. Idiot.

Guilligomarc'h Gully

Vive Les Mouettes!
Anyone who saw that goal at Bournemouth on New Year's Day will know for certain that Henderson was a liability. Last minute of the game FFS and a point there for the taking. Idiot.[/QUOTE]

I was there - and it still hurts. :rant::rant:

Couldn't have any confidence in Henderson after that. At least FDM prepared to die for the cause e.g. trying to play on with a broken collar bone

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
To be honest, not that bothered that Hendo went....but don't want Kuipers either.

Kuipers still makes poor decisions as did Hendo, and although some say Henderson was crap..... look at Kuipers when he started with us !!!

If Kuipers was as good as all of you worshippers say...he wouldn't be playing for a club in the third division in a temporary ground. Almost every manager we have had has prefered someone else in goal.... Roberts, Flinders, Henderson.

We need another keeper.... and those of you who are happy to loan a keeper shoudl Michel get injured, remember there is some real dross out there to be had on loan in an emergency.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Going into next season with Kuipers as the first choice keeper is fine. If needed use the loan market if he gets injured, but at some point Sullivan needs to prove he can step up.

Still think any money should be used on getting another striker (I know we have 7, but 5 of them have proved they cannot score a bucket load of goals and one has been loaned out) and probably any other funds should be used on a holding midfielder.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Going into next season with Kuipers as the first choice keeper is fine. If needed use the loan market if he gets injured, but at some point Sullivan needs to prove he can step up.

Still think any money should be used on getting another striker (I know we have 7, but 5 of them have proved they cannot score a bucket load of goals and one has been loaned out) and probably any other funds should be used on a holding midfielder.

The striking Issue seems to have been over looked, Forster is not the answer on his own and another forward is needed.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Chez, you have used this argument before that other posters do not have the experience of being a keeper and so do not know what it takes to be one and what the keepers should be doing.

So out of interest, what level have you played at, as a keeper?

He not only constantly uses that argument............he also admits that he rarely watches these days as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here