Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New pie at the Amex this weekend

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Jo Philips from Piglet's Pantry has just been on BBC Radio Sussex to talk about the fact that her pies are now on sale at the Co-Op in Western Road, Hove. 20p from the sale of each pie goes to Albion In The Community, she said.

Also, there is to be a Christmas Pie sold at the next couple of home matches...

Parnsip puree, turkey, stuffing and cranberry topping. And pig in blankets, I'm told.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The club are just putting the full press statement together for this and adding the final few spelling mistakes/uses of the word "meanwhile" at the start of every paragraph. Apparently if you start queueing at 1.30pm on Satdi and have the correct change you're guaranteed to be in with a chance of getting one shortly after the second half starts. If they're still in stock.

Jul 20, 2003
the club's being represented at the opening of the store today ... pie for lunch it is

Jul 20, 2003
The club are just putting the full press statement together for this and adding the final few spelling mistakes/uses of the word "meanwhile" at the start of every paragraph. Apparently if you start queueing at 1.30pm on Satdi and have the correct change you're guaranteed to be in with a chance of getting one shortly after the second half starts. If they're still in stock.

good work

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The sounds GREAT. Gonna have to get to the Amex early so I can get my mitts on one. Also, this just demonstrates how much of a success the Amex has been from an economic stand point. The Council would be nuts to block any future expansion, and an opportunity to maximise its economic potential for local businesses.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I've just come from that new Co-op, it's tiny inside and there must have been about 15 Co-op suits spying on staff/customers.

It's shite

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Most Co-op's appear to be like that. Minimum Checkouts, maximum Suits. Their store designer is probably the guy that designed the Albion ticket buying website.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Oooooh I say.......................... Christmas has COME early.

Now for three points on Saturday.............................

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Co-Op is f***ing SHIT. Everywhere.

Lewes Road = shit
Kemp Town = shit
London Road = beyond shit

Jul 20, 2003
The Co-Op is f***ing SHIT. Everywhere.

Lewes Road = shit
Kemp Town = shit
London Road = beyond shit

don't forget:

Church Road = shit
Portland Road = shit
Blatchington Road = bigger shit
Nevill Road = even bigger, equally shit and thoroughly depressing (although I did get a bottle of Bowmore in there for under £20 a while back so it's not all shit)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I've just come from that new Co-op, it's tiny inside and there must have been about 15 Co-op suits spying on staff/customers.

It's shite

They generally are. You should see the Hustpierpoint one.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I like the new co op London road better than the previous incarnations, definatly looking forward to getting some pie action and donating some funds to the Albions great work in the process.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here