Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Moves On Albion Stadium

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Surely there needs to be some sort of end point to a planning decision.

Say when the planning process has taken over 5 years, all parties get togoether in a room and don't leave until a decision has been made.

This is a total and utter FARCE!

Laws made by lawyers FOR lawyers. They are the ONLY winners in this debacle.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Yes. If only there was an Brighton and Hove (East) Stadium Act 2006, not unlike the Brighton Marina Act 1971.

Sadly, it would only give Norman Baker something to wank over in the Independent.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
DONT PANIC.

The paper has written a piece that is in tune with its editorial thinking i.e its anti Falmer.

Yes, there has been a delay to February 2007. But what if the Govt stood by its 28 December 2006 deadline? Well you can safely say that LDC would have cried foul when the decision was made in our favour and they would have taken it back to a judicial inquiry (months delay) to say they didn't have enough time to put a case forward. Well the Govt have called their bluff.

Now LDC have to actually make a case why Sheepcoat will work. Now I like to see them try, because the Albion and others including friends of sheepcoat (or whoever they are called) will be saying the opposite. Plus the evidence of the previous public Inquiry. We've proved that Falmer is the best site and the Govt agreed. Its gonna be very hard for LDC to overturn that weight of evidence and somehow show that actually everyone else is wrong. But that is the case they must now make.

As others have said, posturing will make no difference, its planning law that matters.

I think we are in the end game now, cos LDC must now produce. WHICH THEY WONT!

Yes, its another delay, but 7 weeks really isn't gonna matter.

WE WILL WIN

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
DIFFBROOK said:

WE WILL WIN

Yes, but the galling thing is that LDC have managed to add nearly 2 years on to the planning process. I can't see myself sitting in my seat at the new ground before 2010.

That is 11 years at Withdean. It isn't fair on us, it isn't fair on the residents of Withdean, and it isn't fair on the council tax payers of Lewes District.

The only people who have gained in all this are lawyers and planning consultants, and the egos of some tin-pot politicians (who will hopefully no-longer be employed in that role come March).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms said:
Sheepcote

sheepcote_view.jpg

Falmer

Campus2.jpg

???

These pictures, or at least the bottom one badly need to go up on billboard around Brighton, Hove and Lewes to educate people.

I must say that to anyone who hasn't visited the site and the surrounding area they all think (including my mum, now educated) that we are building the ground on the f***ing duckpond.

Start educating people again and surely we can't lose.

:angry:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The really stupid thing about this is that LDC and Norman Baker keep on about this so-called secret consultants report which they believe gives the nod to Sheepcote over Falmer. The report is absolutely categorical on this. To quote:

"If the access issues at Sheepcote would prevent development at this location, then Falmer is undoubtedly the only other site which can be considered. Falmer is not without its own access issues, but these are of far less of a concern than those at Sheepcote"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lord Bracknell said:
At work.

Busy.

At Millwall this evening.

I passed Lord B walking down the central reservation of Lewes Road (by Coombe Road) earlier. I hope he's not walking to Millwall. :)

I must say that even without his Lordship's intervention, I wasn't too fussed by this report: that's surely Kelly covering her arse.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Caveman said:
He added: "The recent revelations about the Albion's proposal to locate a hotel with the stadium must be a factor in the decision. The Club kept their consultant's report a secret in the resumed inquiry and never mentioned where they would locate the hotel if they got the Falmer site. It's no surprise to us that their own consultants said that Sheepcote was the best location for a combined Stadium and hotel development."

-----

Isn't that last paragraph old hat? The club didn't add the hotel to the submission?

Spot on....firstly, the club was effectively obliged to examine the potential for a Hotel at each site, in order to respond to one of the terms of the second public inquiry. Secondly, the club decided that there was no benefit to siting a hotel at Falmer, so it wasn't raised at the second PI - it was a non-issue. Thirdly, the consultants only said that Sheepcote was a preferable site if the transport difficulties could be overcome. A rather substantial "if".

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
People the only way we cant these f***ing morons out is to vote them out in May or whenever it is.

I still beleive there are thousands of people in Sussex who dont know how much money has been spent by LDC fighting Falmer. We need a common sense leaflet to go through peoples doors explaining why they should not vote for these morons next May. We also need to tell them how much money has been spent. We also need some real examples of organisations, facilities that are suffering becuase of this. We need to say 100,000 of thousands pounds have been poured down the drain.

However should the leaflet be from the seagulls.

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
adrian29uk said:
People the only way we cant these f***ing morons out is to vote them out in May or whenever it is.

I still beleive there are thousands of people in Sussex who dont know how much money has been spent by LDC fighting Falmer. We need a common sense leaflet to go through peoples doors explaining why they should not vote for these morons next May. We also need to tell them how much money has been spent. We also need some real examples of organisations, facilities that are suffering becuase of this. We need to say 100,000 of thousands pounds have been poured down the drain.

However should the leaflet be from the seagulls.

I would hope that the Seagulls Party are already onto this.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Curious Orange said:
I would hope that the Seagulls Party are already onto this.

I dont think they are. Leaflets should be done now. I dont think the leaflet should come from the seagulls either, it should be neutral and come from angry residents. There needs to be enough leaflets for it to get in to peoples heads. Once we have sent enough they will start thinking about getting these morons out.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
DIFFBROOK said:
DONT PANIC.

The paper has written a piece that is in tune with its editorial thinking i.e its anti Falmer.

Yes, there has been a delay to February 2007. But what if the Govt stood by its 28 December 2006 deadline? Well you can safely say that LDC would have cried foul when the decision was made in our favour and they would have taken it back to a judicial inquiry (months delay) to say they didn't have enough time to put a case forward. Well the Govt have called their bluff.

Now LDC have to actually make a case why Sheepcoat will work. Now I like to see them try, because the Albion and others including friends of sheepcoat (or whoever they are called) will be saying the opposite. Plus the evidence of the previous public Inquiry. We've proved that Falmer is the best site and the Govt agreed. Its gonna be very hard for LDC to overturn that weight of evidence and somehow show that actually everyone else is wrong. But that is the case they must now make.

As others have said, posturing will make no difference, its planning law that matters.

I think we are in the end game now, cos LDC must now produce. WHICH THEY WONT!

WE WILL WIN

I fear you are being too optimistic. As even Lord B has said the likely outcome is that Ruth Kelly will be presented with 2 different scenarios. Lewes will present new evidence to show that Sheepcote is OK in transport terms. Brighton and the Albion will put up a rebuff. Ruth Kelly will have to order a new inquiry to resolve the conflict, otherwise Lewes will go to Judicial Review and say she did not properly consider their evidence. New Inquiry late 2007 early 2008. Decision mid 2008. Assuming it is in favour of Falmer then there will be another protest by Lewes DC............ If it is in favour of Sheepcote what will Brighton and the Albion do? Whatever it will take some time.

Lewes are winning let their be no mistake. I listened to Martin Perry on BBC SCR tonight. I have never heard him so depressed.

Last edited:

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
So is the only way to stop this to vote them out?

Im sorry for using this Language but LDC are the biggest bunch of f***ing c****s around. They really are c*&Js.

Vote them out.

Last edited:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
But how is Sheepcote better in transport terms? No matter how much you spin the fact the links are poor and will not cope with the traffic. In fact I can't help feeling that LDC are actually shafting Falmer by supporting this site because it will only make the traffic worse at the intersection on the A27 as all those heading north will exit via Woodingdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here