Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Moves On Albion Stadium

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
At first read it's incredibly depressing. However, I'd like Lord B's take on this. On second reading there seems to be a lot of disinformation being thrown around. Keeping calm until the Buddha of BHA gets on and tells us what it really means.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
dwayne said:
at first glance it only looks like another 2 month extension.

Government covering their asses again.

I think that may be spot on. This is not about reopening a full inquiry, but another look as to why Sheepcote is unsuitable. Afterall, Ruth Kelly has been out of the loop for the whole process and there is no harm for them (or the LDC) to delay the project further.

It may just be a very (relatively) small delay.

:angry: all the same.

Last edited:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Its nothing but jounalistic license. We have been though this a milion times before.

They are just reporting on LDC's attempts to get the December deadline moved.

David Neighbour though is a fornicating masturbator who deserves a good shoeing.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Fourteenth Eye said:
Its nothing but jounalistic license. We have been though this a milion times before.

They are just reporting on LDC's attempts to get the December deadline moved.
How so?

A statement from Lewes District Council said:

'In a letter to all parties this week Ruth Kelly singles out Sheepcote Valley for special consideration. She has dismissed objections by the Albion's solicitors and has set a deadline of 15 February 2007 for further representations.'

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
http://www.lewes.gov.uk/environment/8276.asp

Well, lets hope that La Kelly doesnt look only at the pictures of Falmer on LDC's website... I reckon they are taken from the only viewpoint where the Uni, Raquet Club, A27 and train lines are not visible.

???

Yeah it looks like a 7-odd week extension to the deadline. The rest of what they say is old hat. The letter actually asks for clarification as to why Sheepcote Valley is not suitable. They have completely (and deliberately) misinterpreted this and made it sound as if Ruth Kelly wants to give Sheepcote the go ahead. She doesn't, she just wants to know exactly why it is not feasible. And the hotel rubbish, well that's been put to bed already many times. It's just LDC pedalling more bollocks.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
If this is true then Falmer looks in real trouble doesn't it? Kelly sent out her letter on the 20th which stated that all representations must be submitted by 28th December. LDC revealed it wanted until mid-Feb before it could hand in its representations on the 24th and Kelly has already granted that request by the 28th. If she's so quick to grant them this, what else is she going to give them?

And how come "Seaford Today" managed to get this scoop when the Argus and the BBC were reporting a Spring decision date on Friday?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
sten_super said:
Yeah it looks like a 7-odd week extension to the deadline. The rest of what they say is old hat. The letter actually asks for clarification as to why Sheepcote Valley is not suitable. They have completely (and deliberately) misinterpreted this and made it sound as if Ruth Kelly wants to give Sheepcote the go ahead. She doesn't, she just wants to know exactly why it is not feasible. And the hotel rubbish, well that's been put to bed already many times. It's just LDC pedalling more bollocks.
I think that sums it up nicely, it is another dealy which is shit, but in the long run could make the yes to Falmer harder for them to appeal against (again)?

:eek:ptimistic:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Bevendean Hillbilly said:

Well, lets hope that La Kelly doesnt look only at the pictures of Falmer on LDC's website... I reckon they are taken from the only viewpoint where the Uni, Raquet Club, A27 and train lines are not visible.

???

I am sure we have gone over this before, BUT is that view from Brighton & Hove???

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

???

Those pictures are of "Downland area around Falmer" and have nothing to do with the stadium. They were originally titled as photos of the stadium site, but my hounding of them made them change it.

One of the pictures is of Coldean! The stadium site is just about visible in the centre of one of them.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Barrel of Fun said:
I am sure we have gone over this before, BUT is that view from Brighton & Hove???

We have BOF, I reckon they are taken from Woodingdean way, and sa Sully says, one of them is of Coldean!

To look at them they appear to show an uninhabited wilderness paradise..???

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This is what they think means that Ruth Kelly will be looking particularly at Sheepcote Valley:

c) The approach to assessment of the alternative sites put forward for consideration by the Secretary of State; and the merits of those sites including, in particular, the accessibility of the Sheepcote Valley site;

In other words, she is asking them to put up or shut up about how people will get to a stadium in Sheepcote without bringing Central Brighton (and Falmer & Woodingdean) to a standstill.

As others have said, it's LDCs usual spin bollocks on something that isn't in the letter they have been asked to respond to.

I'm sure if I was Ruth Kelly and saw them spouting such nonsense, I'd be pretty pissed off with them. :angry:

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
If this is true then Falmer looks in real trouble doesn't it? Kelly sent out her letter on the 20th which stated that all representations must be submitted by 28th December. LDC revealed it wanted until mid-Feb before it could hand in its representations on the 24th and Kelly has already granted that request by the 28th. If she's so quick to grant them this, what else is she going to give them?

We were expecting this decision any time now - if the decision were to stick with the 28th all parties would have needed to know smartish.

Ex Shelton Seagull said:
And how come "Seaford Today" managed to get this scoop when the Argus and the BBC were reporting a Spring decision date on Friday?

Because the scoop came from LDC. Seaford Today is one of the websites run by the Sussex Express, who are anti-Falmer.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
What a disgrace - everytime I see those photos it makes me more and more pissed off. The site is in the uni grounds next to uni buildings next to a bloody dual carriage way near a train station. Not exactly an area of natural f***ing beauty. What a bunch of bastards!!

:angry: :angry: :censored: :censored:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We have BOF, I reckon they are taken from Woodingdean way, and sa Sully says, one of them is of Coldean!

To look at them they appear to show an uninhabited wilderness paradise..???

The map shows where they're taken from and I've visited the exact spot!

It's halfway up the road from Falmer to Woodingdean on a track that nobody ever uses except the local farmer. Nobody will ever see those particular views, and as you go further up the hill, the whole valley goes out of sight.

As I also said, the stadium site will not affect 99% of what is in those photographs anyway, as the site is a small pinprick in the centre of one of the photos and not even visible in the other two.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
In a desperate attempt to remain upbeat, is this possibly that Ruth Kelly isn't sure why Sheepcote has been rejected but doesn't want to have ANOTHER PI, so has done this instead. Giving LDC yet another go at putting forward a coherant case for Sheepcote, and then be able to see how we pick the case apart.

What happens if LDC is controlled by The Seagulls Party come May 2006, can we just say :clap2: we approve th eplanning permission at Falmer, and it's full steam ahead?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here