Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Manager to be announced TODAY @ 12 - discuss it here (Thread from 2003)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
tinx said:
:wave: chappers

Stop rubbing it in that you are off work today

I might get up early tomorrow and go back to bed then as well, marvellous scenes.

Not sure i'll be able to sleep now though, might cook myself a steak sandwhich for brekkie, hmmm? Decisions, decisions.

Off to pub at 1....:drink:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I sure it's gonna be Mark McGhee - I have no inside information I just think it makes sense all round.

Would be a good appointment as well.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I have no idea who it could be.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
227 BHA said:
I'm NOT registered for Text alerts but I still got one!!

You only need to be registered to read the official site and have given your mobile number on the registration

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Hinsh as caretaker until a decision by jonny P over falmer ..nooooo please not :shootself

Bozz

Oct 8, 2003
Somewhere in London
I will bet you all a jam tart that it is Mark McGhee.

Himself has interviewed a number of excellent candidates. But has come to the view that the club needs to maintain momemtum and get the club back into the first division THIS season. McGhee is the only currently available mananger who has a track record of delivering that at other clubs and has the right qualities (discipline, tactics and contacts) to deliver that. It also suggests that some money will be made available to get the club promoted.

The only problem is that MM is a "serial walker". I don't think that we should expect him still to be at the club at the start of next season, but DK is rather cool about that. With his growing understanding of the managers' market he is expecting to be after another top flight manager in the summer.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Count down to midday...

I didnt get the text alert - but thats coz I purposefully cancelled the service after Palace last year - goal alerts and team news whilst watching the horror unfold, AND getting charged a couple of quid for the privilege.

Nice!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
beardy gull said:
Me neither! Always manage to send me crap ones about extra home tickets being available mind. Whoop de do.

Ditto....
:(

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Using the process of elimination, I reckon it's NOT Rosenior or Dowie. If it was either of them, reports from the local media in Torquay or Oldham would have filtered down here. Same, I suppose, goes for Murdoch and MKFC.

I just have a feeling it's not McGhee either. So I'm going to go for Gray.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Got the text.

I will log on here from time to time for updates.

My guess is MM.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
McGhee would be the safe bet. Proven managerial experience of getting teams promoted; good contacts within the game; known to be firm with players; knows the divisions and makes sense when he talks to the media. But what was the real reason he left Millwall for? They were 6th for God's sake. Something happened there.

I have no idea who the manager will be.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
I reckon Mark McGhee too. And I got the text too, and I don't even remember giving the club my mobile number..... :bhasign:

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
Mark McGhee might be one for jumping ship and joining "better" clubs but he averages 3 years with a club, and his teams average just under 2 pts a game.
I think he's got form and experience.
get him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here