Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Manager to be announced TODAY @ 12 - discuss it here (Thread from 2003)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Two questions re. press conference for new manager:

1) Is it going to be broadcast on BBC SCR?

2) And if so is it also going to be on Seagulls World?

Surprise surprise there is nothing on the official site....

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
An article about McGhee and his loyalty. He is a good manager but a complete arse... just ask Reading, Leicester, and Wolves fans. Millwall don't like him much either.

He is basically like Coppell though, which as long as you are prepared for him to leave soon, then he'll do a good job. Good in the transfer market and managed to get us from 15th in Division 2 to 2nd in Division One in 2 seasons... albeit he left halfway through that Div 1 season.

http://www.royals.org/ttbMG.html

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Soton Seagull said:
Not Stuart Gray
Not Stuart Gray
Not Stuart Gray
Not Stuart Gray
Not Stuart Gray
Not Stuart Gray
Not Stuart Gray
Not Stuart Gray

Pleeeaassseeeee!:nono:

Too f***ing right. Reckon it'll be McGhee but would have preferred Dowie.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
When all the Steve Coppell business was starting, loads of people came on here spouting "my best mate plays for Brighton and he says..." etc etc - and where are they now, when they could actually be of some use??????????????????????????????

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
tricky said:
Mark McGhee might be one for jumping ship and joining "better" clubs but he averages 3 years with a club, and his teams average just under 2 pts a game.
I think he's got form and experience.
get him in.

Another vote from Guildford for McGhee.....it'll be the best choice out of all of them.

A week ago I hated the prospect of him coming to the Albion....now I believe he is the man for the job.

Come on down Mark McGhee...time for you to join THE coolest club in the country.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Wilts said:
An article about McGhee and his loyalty. He is a good manager but a complete arse... just ask Reading, Leicester, and Wolves fans. Millwall don't like him much either.

He is basically like Coppell though, which as long as you are prepared for him to leave soon, then he'll do a good job. Good in the transfer market and managed to get us from 15th in Division 2 to 2nd in Division One in 2 seasons... albeit he left halfway through that Div 1 season.

http://www.royals.org/ttbMG.html

So 3 years is leave soon?

Are you lot in for a BIG shock with Coppout:lolol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here