Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New manager to be announced on TUESDAY *~*~*

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have a bad feeling that we are going to be disappointed with the final appointment. I don't think it will be SC, or any of the other "prefered" names, I also don't think it will be Wise, I reckon it will be someone much lower profile, possibly not even considered by the massed NSC. I know nothing in particular, but I am ready and prepared to be seriously underwhelmed. :(

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I have a bad feeling that we are going to be disappointed with the final appointment. I don't think it will be SC, or any of the other "prefered" names, I also don't think it will be Wise, I reckon it will be someone much lower profile, possibly not even considered by the massed NSC. I know nothing in particular, but I am ready and prepared to be seriously underwhelmed. :(

A bit like last time?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I self imposed a ban on myself for one day!!

Indeed I didn't, expect this thread to be bounced next Monday night!!!

We're in the same boat. Last time I trust info from any of the trio of temporary coaches!!!

Perhaps only Bloom and Ken Brown know the score.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Perhaps only Bloom and Ken Brown know the score.

I actually think that is right.

In the old days Knight would hold court and tell various people what was going on and who was in the running. Therefore certain people were REALLY in the know in those days. Nowadays the same people still pass on info (to mugs like me!) but probably know a lot less.

Bloom plays his cards close to his chest, and rightly so. No point spilling out names left right and centre. Just get the right man, and announce it when done and dusted......... NEXT Tuesday :clap2::wink:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You were a proper mug for posting this thread Giraffe, proper.

MUG!

I hope this has been of help to you.

I will sleep much easier now :facepalm::facepalm: Ooh useful new smiley!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In fairness Giraffe is a bit of a Nostradamus.

Spot on regarding the stadium finances, widely criticised at the time, but a few months later proved to spot on.

In a couple of thousand years, someone will dig out a print out of NorthStandChat buried below Bozza's tomb and start decrypting the wierd "text speak" that was used at the time.

Meanwhile, Simon Cappell will walk out as manager out at the Waterhall Stadium and our descendants will put it down to him getting the odd vowel, consonant and century wrong.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
It maybe that the man (coppell?) who bloom`s had his eye on would not be able to commit fully until next week for a whole draft of reasons, which is why he came out and said there probably wouldnt be an appointment this week. However, generally speaking, the longer this goes on it does feel we`ll end up with an also ran, who we`ll be forced to cheer, on that magical 1st day at falmer, probably still in league 1. getting depressed now.

Bloody hope the delay is for the former reason cos if not what a mind boggling monumental cockup to sack your existing manager mid season without first securing an agreement with someone else!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In fairness Giraffe is a bit of a Nostradamus.

Spot on regarding the stadium finances, widely criticised at the time, but a few months later proved to spot on.

In a couple of thousand years, someone will dig out a print out of NorthStandChat buried below Bozza's tomb and start decrypting the wierd "text speak" that was used at the time.

Meanwhile, Simon Cappell will walk out as manager out at the Waterhall Stadium and our descendants will put it down to him getting the odd vowel, consonant and century wrong.
:lolol:

I reckon it will be tomorrow :lolol::facepalm::shootself

Altered State

Feb 19, 2008
Olney, Bucks
Just read a report of the Hull game and was reminded that Brian Horton is assistant manager there - could be out of work soon?

Just a thought ...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
'Just had a texted' enough said really

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here