Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New manager - Paul Ince..............

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Why would he want to come here? First hint of trouble and the boo boys start up, and the chairman swings the axe. He could well do without the agro. We'll be stuck with DW and BB.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why all the speculation about Curbishley? Why would he take our job? He said on MOTD2 a few weeks back he only wants to manage in the Premier League, so we can rule him out barring a minor miracle!

I personally would love to appoint Paul Ince, he would be massive appointment, ok, he might only be here a short time, but he might not. He took a Premier League job and they sacked him before he got a chance, he might be reluctant to try again for a few years, he might take good advice and manage in the lower leagues for a few seasons for the experience, perhaps he should get a project club and take them into the Champ, maybe even the Prem. And hey, we're a perfect project club. :thumbsup:

Stumpy Tim

I remember people saying McGhee would leave at the first chance and he stayed a while. Ince is getting a reputation for leaving clubs for a better offer so it's in his interests to hang on a while.

I have always said John Ward... not a big name but a great record at this level. But Ince would be great and is a big name so would boost the crowds

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Hope not as we would be turning into Coventry city mark II
We wouldn't want an intelligent, thoughtful manager who did a great job with no money at Oldham and took Palace from the relegation zone to the play offs would we? Of course not. Currently, I'd be very happy if we were Coventry City Mark II.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
We wouldn't want an intelligent, thoughtful manager who did a great job with no money at Oldham and took Palace from the relegation zone to the play offs would we? Of course not. Currently, I'd be very happy if we were Coventry City Mark II.

My point was that Cov sacked Micky. Then got Dowie in. We now have a few Cov rejects at the club. I don't think Chris Coleman would come but you never know

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
We don't deserve any loyalty from a manager. We don't have proper supporters. Our crowds are pathetic. Whenever things go wrong our fans turn against the club. We have a negative bunch of wankers who can't wait for an excuse to criticise the team, the players, the Manager and the Board. If Ince or anyone else comes here, does a job, and f***'s off somewhere else then fair play to him. To be honest, I think you'd be mad to come here.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
We don't deserve any loyalty from a manager. We don't have proper supporters. Our crowds are pathetic. Whenever things go wrong our fans turn against the club. We have a negative bunch of wankers who can't wait for an excuse to criticise the team, the players, the Manager and the Board. If Ince or anyone else comes here, does a job, and f***'s off somewhere else then fair play to him. To be honest, I think you'd be mad to come here.

I think every clubs like that:wozza:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
My point was that Cov sacked Micky. Then got Dowie in. We now have a few Cov rejects at the club. I don't think Chris Coleman would come but you never know
No of course not. My point is I think the club need to appoint an intelligent manager with modern ideas about getting the best out of the players rather than just a simplistic " keep the faith, hoof it" approach which typified Adam's hapless reign. I would be worried that Ince fits that mould too whereas Dowie's style is much more thoughtful. Whoever it is, the club's coaching structure must be completely overhauled.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I think every clubs like that:wozza:

Ok, maybe I'm being a bit harsh, and I know this season has been utterly dire. But...

Premiership fans get a lot of criticism for being, well, wank glory seekers. But I remember when Everton had a terrible season under Mike Walker and stayed up on the last day, their fans got completely behind the team and manager all season and helped the club. When Keegan came back to Newcastle and wasn't getting results, their fans remained solidly behind the team and the players, knowing that supporting - proper supporting - would help the club. Leeds, for all their sins, have always had a good noisy support when I've been there with Brighton, and by their standards they are in an unbelievable state. And Tottenham too, their fans were still getting behind the team when Ramos was fumbling, and have remained positive behind Redknapp during his current bleak spell. We need to show the new manager, the team, and the club as whole some proper support. Hopefully Tuesday night will see a good positive Withdean helping us on to our second victory in a week!

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
No of course not. My point is I think the club need to appoint an intelligent manager with modern ideas about getting the best out of the players rather than just a simplistic " keep the faith, hoof it" approach which typified Adam's hapless reign. I would be worried that Ince fits that mould too whereas Dowie's style is much more thoughtful. Whoever it is, the club's coaching structure must be completely overhauled.

I agree. I was just jesting. I am unsure about Ince. I wouldn't be unhappy about Dowie coming in

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Why would he want to come here? First hint of trouble and the boo boys start up, and the chairman swings the axe. He could well do without the agro. We'll be stuck with DW and BB.

Dale Winton and Brian Blessed, oh well could be worse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here