Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kit - when's it out?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I never claimed any inside knowledge, so up yours times 20.

Pre-order it then, you tard.

Ohh Precious

You did claim it would be out WELL before the season starts though and were quite arsey when I suggested it would be a good idea to get it out really early

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ohh Precious

You did claim it would be out WELL before the season starts though and were quite arsey when I suggested it would be a good idea to get it out really early

I said it would be out today on the back of someone else's claim. So it was never my 'inside info' which you said I was privvy to in the first place. Do keep up.

And besides, what's wrong with it being out two weeks before the start of the season? Need to be in the front of the queue?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And besides, what's wrong with it being out two weeks before the start of the season? Need to be in the front of the queue?

Given that yesterday you suggested it was going to be 6 weeks before the season and now you agree it may be two weeks (when it is actually likely to be later than that as the release date will invenitably not tally with the on sale date) your rather sarky comments on your replies have made me smile considering my original point on this thread seems to have been born out. I.E. the kit will be on sale very late and why can't they get it out really early for a change? :)

:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Given that yesterday you suggested it was going to be 6 weeks before the season and now you agree it may be two weeks (when it is actually likely to be later than that as the release date will invenitably not tally with the on sale date) your rather sarky comments on your replies have made me smile considering my original point on this thread seems to have been born out. I.E. the kit will be on sale very late and why can't they get it out really early for a change? :)

:
Nope.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
No, the new kit sponsor will be announced when the shirts go on sale.

Not before.

And the shirts are currently being manufactured and printed.

So that comment was a load of crap then.

So the Sponsor is announced, but the shirts aren't on sale for a further 3-4 weeks.

Other clubs have theirs on show and for sale from the end of the previous season. I stand by my original comment that our 'marketing department' is verging on useless.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So that comment was a load of crap then.

So the Sponsor is announced, but the shirts aren't on sale for a further 3-4 weeks.

Other clubs have theirs on show and for sale from the end of the previous season. I stand by my original comment that our 'marketing department' is verging on useless.

Which clubs have their new kit on sale at the end of the previous season? They announce them, but they're not - as a general rule - on sale.

And how can you sell a new shirt design when the new sponsor hasn't been agreed?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Chelsea have the same shirt sponsors as last season though, so aside from a minor obligatory rip-off tinker with the design, they were at liberty to release the 2008-09 shirt whenever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here