Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kit boycott ?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
One problem i do have with my shirt though which might just be because its new is i get a lot of static off of it

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Can anyone tell me how the new kit 'commemorates' the Withdean years ? Special badge or something ? £40 for one season is taking the Mick just a tad

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Can anyone tell me how the new kit 'commemorates' the Withdean years ? Special badge or something ? £40 for one season is taking the Mick just a tad

It has 3 little trophies at the bottom for the two championships and playoff win.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I like the new kit.

I guess nowadays, where replica kits says are an important income source, the club have to vary the kit design as much as possible to make each kit look different. A couple of years ago they changed the shade of blue, this time they have widened the blue stripes.

I understand why traditionalists wouldn't like it, but I really am a huge fan of the new shirt.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Is anybody boycotting the club or protesting in other ways re. poor new kit ?

:jester:
I agree with you inasmuch as I don't like it. Mind you that's just a personal viewpoint as if you're going to have striped shirts I much prefer equal stripes. We've had thin/pinstripe designs before and I've always hated them.

(Personally, and some would consider this pure heresy, I don't like striped shirts full stop. And CERTAINLY not the modern, 'stripey front, solid back' design. I wish we had an all-white shirt with blue shorts.)

Mind you there's no question of me boycotting the new kit as, being an adult, I don't buy replica shirts anyway! And in its defence it IS better tha the pizza resturant waiter / dinner ladies' tabard that is the away shirt.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Simple choice, think it's a rip off = don't buy it, happy with the deal = buy it?

Two Sons kits are on there way!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Simple choice, think it's a rip off = don't buy it, happy with the deal = buy it?

Two Sons kits are on there way!
It's not quite that straightforward (although I agree that it is from a purchasing point of view). I've got to cheer on a team who are wearing what I consider to be an 'ugly' kit. Yeah I know it shouldn't matter - and ultimately of course it doesn't - but it's a bit like taking your wife out to a posh dinner when she's wearing a dressing gown and curlers.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It's not quite that straightforward (although I agree that it is from a purchasing point of view). I've got to cheer on a team who are wearing what I consider to be an 'ugly' kit. Yeah I know it shouldn't matter - and ultimately of course it doesn't - but it's a bit like taking your wife out to a posh dinner when she's wearing a dressing gown and curlers.

Fair point, but at my first ever brighton game they were wearing striped shorts - any kit is an improvement!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fair point, but at my first ever brighton game they were wearing striped shorts - any kit is an improvement!
:lolol: Indeed! I suppose if this is only a one-off 'Farewell Withdean' kit there is a certain logic to having an 'ugly' one. It means that the following season we'll start with a much better ground and a much better kit.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
name and numbering is a bit sticky, and its a bit hard to clean.

How do you wash it, what temprature? i put it in at 30 like it says but it won't clean propperly and i'm afraid of putting it in hotter incase the lettering creaces up like my third strip's ITFirst sponser thing has done.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
name and numbering is a bit sticky, and its a bit hard to clean.

How do you wash it, what temprature? i put it in at 30 like it says but it won't clean propperly and i'm afraid of putting it in hotter incase the lettering creaces up like my third strip's ITFirst sponser thing has done.

Always wear a t-shirt underneath, then you don't have to wash it so much :thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont like the design. Its too "blue" for me. Either go for all blue (a la British Caledonian) or blue and white stripes.

That said it is only one season so why not, also the PINK is lush AND it doesnt have the sponsor as an iron on logo this time (like the away kit)!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here