Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kit boycott ?

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Do what?

The new home kit is lush, and I feel proud as punch walking through the streets of Derby with it on!

Good for you, that's what I wanted to ask people ! Not taking the pee here, just genuinely interested. I've been cock-a-hoop with kits in the past when others haven't so good luck in Derby !

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I like the new kit, but there is no way I am going to go out and buy it!

Wise move, not only is it so shiny that it doubles as a handy mirror for passers by, but it also doubles up as a handy lightning conductor so probably best not worn when standing in the middle of a field in a thunder storm. Lastly, the pits must be minging after a few days of wear in this heat, the sort of b.o.-tastic fug that no amount of boil washes will ever remove.

:p

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I LOVE the kit. Its beautiful. Its Blue.

This is the best home kit we've had in yonks, (apart from maybe a few years back, still with skint, i thought we had a right flair kit there, just needed stripes down the back to be honest).

The third kit last season/the away kit two years ago (yellow and blue) is my favourite albion kit i've seen though. FLAIR :love:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Pinstripes are smart. I'm going to wear it for my next job interview. :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is it boycotting if you only occasionally buy one and this year is one you're not going to buy, not in protest, just because it doesn't appeal?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
i think the club shop may well ban me from buying any more shirts seeing as i almost always end up having to take them back to the shop as they appear to be allergic to being worn or washed so the badges end up falling off or the stitching falls apart, call me picky buy if i'm spending the best part of 40 notes on a shirt i expect it to last past its first wear and wash :tantrum:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...I am more worried by the fact that a bloke over the road from me appears to be sporting a Palace kit...must have crept in un-noticed as I haven't seen a single caravan in the vicinity!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
What is wrong with you FREAKS?

I'm all for change now and again but this new home shirt (and the pink ladies' equivalent) looks shit.

I'm not gonna kick off at the club, I just won't be buying it.

Bloody glad I bought my beautiful pink shirt when I did too, as they've messed that up as well.

I think I even preferred the Argentina style lighter stripes kit

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I personally don't like it (as I prefer the more traditional stripes), but any marketing the club do to generate some extra cash is fine by me. I won't be buying it myself (there's nothing worse than middle aged men in footy shirts) but my nephews love it and I've bought both of them one each.

I'd prefer to see the more traditional stripes when we run out at Falmer, but I'm not against change especially if it benefits the clubs coffers.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Ordered mine Friday over the internet. Arrived yesterday. Lovely shirt, brilliant service from the club shop.

Only thing, the sleeves are a bit itchy. Anyone else think similar?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I don't like it at all, but I'm certainly not boycotting the club over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here