Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Keeper

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Brezovan didn't inspire confidence against Woking though.....saying we played Spurs isn't really an excuse. No professional keeper should be making such basic errors like he did today.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Brezovan didn't inspire confidence against Woking though.....saying we played Spurs isn't really an excuse. No professional keeper should be making such basic errors like he did today.

The correct answer......

Although he did make a fine save to push Jean-arse's shot over the bar.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Keeper makes a mistake it normally results in a goal, did any of our midfielders/forwards miss any chances today.?If they did its normally forgotten

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Today against a Spurs team where we, as far as I am concerned, more than held our own but gave away three goals in something which could have been out of comic cuts.

I would go beyond previous posters and say first and foremost we need a new first choice keeper. Despite defensive frailties in the left back position, a good stopper would probably have claimed both of the first two 'goals'.

As for Brezovan in the second half, he may as well have kicked the ball in his own net.

Certainly Gus will have food for thought after this and I hope he doesn't take too long to think about it.

As mentioned in the first paragraph, there was much to take from today as we frustrated Spurs for much of the first half and opened with an excellent goal from Barnsey. Our second was a moment of sheer KLL magic culminating in an excellent strike and the obligatory double back flip.

GG was named man of the match and I don't think anyone could have disagreed with that.

A Fantastic Experience but now looking forward to Donny.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
School boy error no worse than Calderon at the end of last season , Shit happens.
Indeed it does, and it would be harsh to over criticise for one mistake. But about 5 mins before their 3rd goal, he spread the ball out to the left, only missing a Spurs player by a yard. I don't think he's got the ability on the ball to fit with the way play, constantly passing the ball back to the keeper to switch sides etc. A keepr in Gus's team has to be confident with the ball at his feet.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Certainly Gus will have food for thought after this and I hope he doesn't take too long to think about it.
If Gus was in anyway unsure whether he needed to improve the defence, today should have made it clear. All those "we'll win game 5-4" comments look quite accurate.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If either of our two main goalies were not with us would any championship side choose either as their first choice?

That's the test!

I think the answer would be no

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
Brezovan was awful today! Casper was used as a sweeper almost - he got quite a few touches when we were playing keep-ball (very effectively) in the first half. Brez came on and no-one wanted to risk the back pass to him!

Any idea what's happening with Mannone at Arsenal? Played well on loan at Hull last season and as a number 3 he might be available on loan?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nice over reaction going on. It's known that Brez is not the best with his feet but shot stopping is what he is good at which is why he is our No 2 keeper. Can any one say a keeper that would be available and could come into the way we play and is better than Casper?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
There's nothing wrong with Casper Ankergren, but there is almost everything wrong with Peter Brezovan, as a goalkeeper. He was a good enough back up in league 1 but I don't think he's going to prove to be good enough in the Championship. Maybe we can't afford another goalkeeper, with the squad as it currently is. But I would prioritise a goalkeeper over anything else right now.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This time last summer we weren't an ambitious Championship club though, were we. Our expectations have changed, and so have our standards.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Was Ankergren to blame for any of those first 2 goals today. I was too far away to see exactly what happened, they both looked comical....but were they his fault ?

I happy with Ankergren as No1 in general.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Which is why we need to offload both ! urgently

I don't agree, I think Ankergren is good enough but I do think we need another option. I think people underestimate how important Ankergren is to our system of playing out from the back. Maybe we, as fans, don't appreciate how rare it is to find a goalkeeper who is comfortable playing our system and who wants to play at this level. What we want is a goalkeeper good enough with the ball at his feet aswell as being a good shot stopper and cross catcher. They're not cheap and they're not easy to identify, let alone sign.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Was Ankergren to blame for any of those first 2 goals today. I was too far away to see exactly what happened, they both looked comical....but were they his fault ?

I happy with Ankergren as No1 in general.

IMHO, and my seat is absolutely on the by line so no s--- about it, defensive errors they were, but a good stopper would have claimed both !

See inevitable video footage.

And, on today's showing, Brezovan is not up to the Football League standard, ie at all !

Last edited:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Its how Brezavan reacts to the blunder that is important.......and all keepers make mistakes,so can we please not destroy him ......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here