Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Keeper?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Watch a lot of Preston games? or just guess work?

Watched TOO MANY games with Hendo playing, including some for Preston on the box... seen enough to know we MUGGED Preston... as I said before, good fcuking riddance... you never know, he MAY get better, but we couldn't afford to wait...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Watch a lot of Preston games? or just guess work?

His first game was the 4-0 win over Coventry. They lost the next two games 0-1 and 1-2 and then won the last game 1-0.
So two clean sheets and a 3 goals conceded in two matches. Hardly ruining the chances of PNE eh?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Watched TOO MANY games with Hendo playing, including some for Preston on the box... seen enough to know we MUGGED Preston... as I said before, good fcuking riddance... you never know, he MAY get better, but we couldn't afford to wait...

You don't know what you are talking about. I have quoted facts and you are just giving an opinion with no basis of truth.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Isnt that double standards?

No... I never criticised Hendo at a match, but fully understand those that did... on here, well... it's about opinions!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The reason he has to make all these "top class saves" is because his postioning is so bad.

Exactly, if people watched the whole game they would know this. Instead of just taking note of headlining saves that he sometimes makes to run of the mill shots any half decent keeper would save easily by having his positioning correct initially.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It appears this has turned into another Kuipers v Hendo debate, which is completely pointless.

Hendo isn't here...Kuipers is.

The debate really should be is Kuipers good enough.

I would say not anymore

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You don't know what you are talking about. I have quoted facts and you are just giving an opinion with no basis of truth.

Oooh, excuse me... there I was thinking that watching Hendo play for Brighton oh too aften, and for Preston on the telly was enough to form an opinion...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It appears this has turned into another Kuipers v Hendo debate, which is completely pointless.

I would say not anymore

You're right and I won't post anything else on the matter.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

I would say not anymore

Fair enough, and I think he is still easily good enough...

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Spot on Kinks. I've never booed a Brighton player.

Good on you Yorkie. Neither have I. What good does it do? I have on 1 occasion questioned a players performance in a nightclub (not his nightclub performance you understand!) and I told him I didnt think he was playing very well at the time and we had quite a long conversation about it (Andy Kennedy BTW) and I wouldn't boo Kuipers either at a game I'd be sure to let him know my feelings if I saw him out. I just wonder whether he'd be able to take it as well as Andy Kennedy did, who after that conversation went up massively in my estimations.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You're right and I won't post anything else on the matter.

So, a player who had the same stats as Hendo, who apparently is near world-class, is not good enough... shame you can't respond to that, but that is almost the definition of double-standards! :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The reason he has to make all these "top class saves" is because his postioning is so bad.

The man speaks very much sense. He was hopelessly out of position when he had to throw himself towards the post. The sign of a good goalkeeper is to be in the right place at the right time by anticipating where the ball will be going.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So, a player who had the same stats as Hendo, who apparently is near world-class, is not good enough... shame you can't respond to that, but that is almost the definition of double-standards! :)

Flinder's stats were 1.04.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Jesus f***ing christ.

Do none of you people get bored of spouting the same old shit all the f***ing time? What in the name of anything possesses you to carry on a debate that's been done to death a hundred bloody times and should have been put to bed six long months ago? How can you still be interested in this shite? Do you have nothing more in your life than posting at any and every available opportunity that henderson/kuipers is a clown and a pile of donkey toss? f*** Sake.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember Rust and Walton too well to even think about having a moan about Michel

I also liked Henderson but if ever a man's form went backwards because of abuse from the crowd it was his. I was also told that in the end the defence preferred paying in front of Michel, so who knows? However the behaviour of a quite large section of the crowd towards both McGhee and Henderson was pretty low and embarassing imo. I can see it re-emerging if Deano and the team make a poor Withdean start...

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
The man speaks very much sense. He was hopelessly out of position when he had to throw himself towards the post. The sign of a good goalkeeper is to be in the right place at the right time by anticipating where the ball will be going.

Exactly. Which is why Roberts was so good - he could actually read the game well enough to stop chances before they happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here