Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Keeper?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Henderson's main fault was the fact he wasn't Michel Kuipers.

Sure he made mistakes, but so does Kuipers..... in the long run he would have been a much better bet for the club.

We need a keeper..... was even nervous watching the Bognor game with some of the things Kuipers did

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Bout sums him up for me.

He will make a save but then make a mistake that will cost a goal.

Depends on your POV... I think he saved a certain goal, and had no chance with the actual goals; one with player clean through, and one where he was off balance, and almost got to a great Smertin snap shot...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That's because you don't listen. I have always stuck up for Henderson. He made a few mistakes but just as many as Kuipers. In fact his average was better than Kuipers.
My Preston mate rates him and he's done well at international level. He is Preston's number one now in the Championship.

It is fashionable on here to make out that he was useless and to laugh at him.

Sorry, he made more mistakes that caused goals than Kuipers... I'm glad your Preston mate likes him... funny how Preston's form plummetted as soon as he got in the team, innit...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Depends on your POV... I think he saved a certain goal, and had no chance with the actual goals; one with player clean through, and one where he was off balance, and almost got to a great Smertin snap shot...

But he was beaten at near post and it wasnt the worlds most difficult shot.

In all honesty if Hendo had let those two in people would be callng for his head, esp the second one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The reason he has to make all these "top class saves" is because his postioning is so bad.
I've truley heard it all now. So even when Kuipers makes a top class save, it's STILL only because he's f***ed up !

Priceless.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sorry, he made more mistakes that caused goals than Kuipers... I'm glad your Preston mate likes him... funny how Preston's form plummetted as soon as he got in the team, innit...

I think you will find thats well before he got into the side and was more down to the fact they are an average side with a good striker, who went off form.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Oh yeah.... lets play the loan keeper lottery again !!

Had alot of shit on loan, Pettersen, Yelldell, Flitney..... and i know he wasn't on loan but Shaaban was shocking at times

Shaaban was playing with a broken toe.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh yeah.... lets play the loan keeper lottery again !!

Had alot of shit on loan, Pettersen, Yelldell, Flitney..... and i know he wasn't on loan but Shaaban was shocking at times

Fair point... but I would still prefer us to spend money on the midfield...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

The stats are so close it is unbelievable and Nsc just don't want to believe it.

Kuipers 1.34 per game
Henderson 1.36 per game.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think you will find thats well before he got into the side and was more down to the fact they are an average side with a good striker, who went off form.

Not so sure he didn't contribute to their downfall... I'm sure he will this season...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The stats are so close it is unbelievable and Nsc just don't want to believe it.

Kuipers 1.34 per game
Henderson 1.36 per game.

I'll believe those stats, but it seems Kinky and co just won't...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
And that is an excuse ?

NO

He was poor, had an absolute shocker against Plymouth and thought he was much better than he was

Have you ever tried playing football with a broken toe. :rolleyes:
We had no choice.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Certain relegation is assured with Kuipers in goal.

Unbelievable... do you support Brighton and the current players?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here