Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New keeper wanted from Argus

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
What a load of nonsense, you'd quote me whatever I said, I think just about everyone on the forum will have noticed that by now... :thumbsup:

As for deluding myself, I'm talking about facts and I'm talking about a goalkeeper I've seen play live dozens of times this season, Michel Kuipers is still one of the best goalkeepers in the league, you'll disagree obviously but I believe that and I have alot of other goalkeepers to compare him with.

I don't think the new goalkeeper will be #1 next season, I don't think he'll dislodge FDM, not straight away anyway. You never what's going to happen of course, but I would be suprised if Michel wasn't our first choice on the opening day.

Well if you must accuse people of being lying, you are going to get their attention, so well done on that.

Kuipers is an OK keeper at this level, if you want to stay at this level, but to kick on you need beter. If you think otherwise, it shows how little you know about the game, which in fairness is reflected in your 18 attempts of drivel that you supply per day.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What a load of nonsense, you'd quote me whatever I said, I think just about everyone on the forum will have noticed that by now... :thumbsup:

As for deluding myself, I'm talking about facts and I'm talking about a goalkeeper I've seen play live dozens of times this season, Michel Kuipers is still one of the best goalkeepers in the league, you'll disagree obviously but I believe that and I have alot of other goalkeepers to compare him with.

I don't think the new goalkeeper will be #1 next season, I don't think he'll dislodge FDM, not straight away anyway. You never what's going to happen of course, but I would be suprised if Michel wasn't our first choice on the opening day.

A year ago I might have agreed with you about Kuipers but he has had an injury prone season and struggled a bit. I agree with what the others have said, if Kuipers was to be number one then we would have kept Sullivan. I would be very surprised if Slade does not bring in a new number one keeper in pre season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't know how people can say Kuipers will be No1 next season it must depend on who Slade brings in? I love the former dutch marine as much as the next man but he can't go on forever and if we get a better keeper who will help us get to and stay in the championship then that must be a good thing

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well if you must accuse people of being lying, you are going to get their attention, so well done on that.

Kuipers is an OK keeper at this level, if you want to stay at this level, but to kick on you need beter. If you think otherwise, it shows how little you know about the game, which in fairness is reflected in your 18 attempts of drivel that you supply per day.

So, one comment made 3 months ago is the reason you're following me around the forum?! :lolol:

Well, Michel was absolutely brilliant in the championship in 04/05, and his injury is the reason we dropped like a stone, and that was a higher level, so.

Slade will make his own mind up, obviously and it's up to him. All his predecessors have decided Michel is the best though, and it won't suprise me in the slightest if Slade realises there really aren't that many keepers better than Michel, around at this level.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
McGhee preferred Roberts. Their are better keepers at this level as well. I personally wouldn't have Kuipers in the top 10. Slade has evidently made his mind up as he had released Sullivan, who was a suitable understudy.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
So, one comment made 3 months ago is the reason you're following me around the forum?! :lolol:

Well, Michel was absolutely brilliant in the championship in 04/05, and his injury is the reason we dropped like a stone, and that was a higher level, so.

Slade will make his own mind up, obviously and it's up to him. All his predecessors have decided Michel is the best though, and it won't suprise me in the slightest if Slade realises there really aren't that many keepers better than Michel, around at this level.

One comment, the fact you are annoying and post complete drivel and try and pass it off as fact.

Yes Kuipers was good for the half season he played in 2004/05, but he has not been the same player since that injury and his time as number one is probably coming to an end.

Still carry on try to tell us we are all wrong, it is passing the time, until the evening alcohol abuse with real people starts. Enjoy your evening on MSN.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
As did Coppell.

Exactly, part of the reason we went back up in 2003/04 was due to the solid nature of our defence, with Roberts behind the Cullip/Butters partnership. I don't seem to remember conceding many at home(apart from that dire 4-1 against Bristol City) so I think Roberts kept alot of clean sheets.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
When it comes down to it, the whole article is just a typical Argus non-story. It gives no information that we didn't know before. It's just a space filler.

Anyone think its worth looking at the Shrewsbury Keeper on-loan from WBA-Daniels, sounded decent player from what i heard today, might seem silly from hearing only one match, but only let in 44 goals this season in league?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Parent clubs ,like the loaned out player to play !!!!
(The WBA Keeper playing for Shrewsbury looked good today )

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well, Michel was absolutely brilliant in the championship in 04/05, than

Oh superb.

So was Leon Knight, buddy, but I don't see many people suggesting he's the man these days.

Are you seriously suggesting that if someone came in who was actually better than Kuipers, you'd get upset about it? Or can you just not comprehend that possibility through your orange-tinted spectacles?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Are you seriously suggesting that if someone came in who was actually better than Kuipers, you'd get upset about it? Or can you just not comprehend that possibility through your orange-tinted spectacles?

to be fair, he is not the only one

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Oh superb.

So was Leon Knight, buddy, but I don't see many people suggesting he's the man these days.

I Personally would be upset because of the sentimentality of it and the fact he has given us so many years but If someone came in better it would be in the best interests of brighton if the new guy was to take over the reins.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
to be fair, he is not the only one

Personally, I want the best goalkeeper we can afford.

If that happens to be Kuipers, so be it, although given his on-off form last season that would probably be a little disappointing.

If it's someone else, what's the problem? Surely all of our interests are in building a successful team with the best players we can.

I want the person who's likely to let in the fewest goals, not the one who's got the biggest personality cult and played a few crackers in 2004.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ok Edna... a couple of things. Firstly, Michel is still here and still #1, Leon Knight isn't so that is the worst attempt at discrediting ANYTHING, ever. I'm suprised by you actually, because you then go on to suggest I would be "upset" if Michel wasn't #1... which is just daft, football is football and I will fully support anyone in the team. ???

If we get a goalkeeper better than Michel, fine. All I'm saying is that he's a brilliant goalkeeper and we'll have to go a long way to find a better keeper at this level, and then sign him! If we do, great! Obviously, I want the best Albion team possible.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Personally, I want the best goalkeeper we can afford.

If that happens to be Kuipers, so be it, although given his on-off form last season that would probably be a little disappointing.

If it's someone else, what's the problem? Surely all of our interests are in building a successful team with the best players we can.

I want the person who's likely to let in the fewest goals, not the one who's got the biggest personality cult and played a few crackers in 2004.

Exactly what I think, Top post :thumbsup:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Ok Edna... a couple of things. Firstly, Michel is still here and still #1, Leon Knight isn't so that is the worst attempt at discrediting ANYTHING, ever. I'm suprised by you actually, because you then go on to suggest I would be "upset" if Michel wasn't #1... which is just daft, football is football and I will fully support anyone in the team. ???

If we get a goalkeeper better than Michel, fine. All I'm saying is that he's a brilliant goalkeeper and we'll have to go a long way to find a better keeper at this level, and then sign him! If we do, great! Obviously, I want the best Albion team possible.

If he was so great. WHy have bigger clubs never been after him?

At some point we would have needed the money?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here