Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New keeper wanted from Argus

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ok Edna... a couple of things. Firstly, Michel is still here and still #1, Leon Knight isn't so that is the worst attempt at discrediting ANYTHING, ever. I'm suprised by you actually, because you then go on to suggest I would be "upset" if Michel wasn't #1... which is just daft, football is football and I will fully support anyone in the team. ???

If we get a goalkeeper better than Michel, fine. All I'm saying is that he's a brilliant goalkeeper and we'll have to go a long way to find a better keeper at this level, and then sign him! If we do, great! Obviously, I want the best Albion team possible.

Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. My personal one is that, much as Kuipers has been a decent keeper over the years, time has really started to catch up with him.

To suggest that he's still the keeper he was five years ago is at best optimistic, at worst deluded. I wish it was otherwise, but whereas a few years back I may have agreed he's one of the best keepers in the division, now I find myself thinking of more and more who are better. Based on last season's form, plus his age, of course.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. My personal one is that, much as Kuipers has been a decent keeper over the years, time has really started to catch up with him.

To suggest that he's still the keeper he was five years ago is at best optimistic, at worst deluded. I wish it was otherwise, but whereas a few years back I may have agreed he's one of the best keepers in the division, now I find myself thinking of more and more who are better. Based on last season's form, plus his age, of course.

He changed after the accident, never been the same since IMO
Still a brilliant shot stopper but he isn't as quick moving along his line any more.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He changed after the accident, never been the same since IMO
Still a brilliant shot stopper but he isn't as quick moving along his line any more.

My concern is his domination (or otherwise) of the six yard box these days.

Don't know if it was the accident or not, maybe more the shoulder injury.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

And you're entitled to yours, as is everyone else. Just because one person has decided I'm completely wrong about everything, it doesn't mean to suggest that I think I'm right and what I say is gospel... obviously not. Everyone looks at things differently, especially in football. And I do have alot of loyalty to Michel, I've met him quite a few times and anyone who has will know he's such a lovely bloke, you can't help but love him!

But I do genuinely believe he is a top keeper at this level, some of the saves he pulls off are just fantastic and if you look at our stats from last season with him in the team, as opposed to when he wasn't, there's no comparison. And he's still young for a goalkeeper, as I've said before. I believe he'll still be a good keeper at this level for years to come.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Dude, I was getting slaughtered! :lolol: That's when you SHOULD be posting! :thumbsup:

To be honest, I'd only just logged on for a few minutes and I've just popped back.

For me, Michel is still the best in League One and I wouldn't have any other. I hope we don't get someone on loan as we get the ridiculous situation where the loanee has to be played regardless of form and FDM gets sidelined. But as you say, he always sees off the permanent signings because for all his occasional faults, he wins us points because he regularly stops the unstoppable and it's no coincidence that when he returned at the end, our winning form started.

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Danny Coyne is out of contract at us ( Tranmere ) and there were a few rumours going round a couple of days ago that yourselves and Huddersfield had offered him a better deal than us, could well be true, a decent keeper, he got the Golden glove award for 20 clean sheets this season for us

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Ok Edna... a couple of things. Firstly, Michel is still here and still #1, Leon Knight isn't so that is the worst attempt at discrediting ANYTHING, ever. I'm suprised by you actually, because you then go on to suggest I would be "upset" if Michel wasn't #1... which is just daft, football is football and I will fully support anyone in the team. ???

If we get a goalkeeper better than Michel, fine. All I'm saying is that he's a brilliant goalkeeper and we'll have to go a long way to find a better keeper at this level, and then sign him! If we do, great! Obviously, I want the best Albion team possible.

Morning.

Since failed attempt to patronise.

Do carry on.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
And you're entitled to yours, as is everyone else. Just because one person has decided I'm completely wrong about everything, it doesn't mean to suggest that I think I'm right and what I say is gospel... obviously not. Everyone looks at things differently, especially in football. And I do have alot of loyalty to Michel, I've met him quite a few times and anyone who has will know he's such a lovely bloke, you can't help but love him!

But I do genuinely believe he is a top keeper at this level, some of the saves he pulls off are just fantastic and if you look at our stats from last season with him in the team, as opposed to when he wasn't, there's no comparison. And he's still young for a goalkeeper, as I've said before. I believe he'll still be a good keeper at this level for years to come.

Ah bless.

Most of the drivel you post is wrong. I guess to much time on your own does lead to delusion.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Do leave him alone UB. It looks like obsession from here.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Of course Russell Slade knows this division and has prepared Yeovil to play us lots of times. So maybe he spotted some aspects of Michel Kuipers' play which were,let's say, a llittle less strong than others. The time he takes to release the ball might be an example.

So Russell has a balanced view of our keeper and any decision he makes now should be respected.

Yeovil actually did well against us when he was manager by the way.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
michel is still a class act in league 1. we don't need to spend money on a new keeper, we should have kept sullivan and show more patience and seen how he develops.

don't see what anybody can have against kuipers. he's a great keeper plus he's albion through and through.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
According to the Observer, Chelsea are keen to sign Independiente's current keeper, who's also interesting Everton, Wolves and Birmingham.

Personally I think he sounds like a perfect candidate for us.

Meet Fabian Assman:p

25389_news.jpg

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The mighty FDM is STILL an excellent keeper at L1 level... let's see who Mr Slade signs before we pass overly-negative comments on a legend at our club...

UB - your comments re Kuipers demonstrate nothing but a lack of appreciation of his game, IMHO, which is ironic, given your tendancy to say the same of those who support our No. 1...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here