Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Fans Phone In....

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
right - following the utter BINFEST that the scr phone in has become since the APPALLING treatment of harty, and the suggestion on another thread that some sort of pirate radio fans phone in be set up, it could be about to become a very real possibility

i have aqcquired a technological WIZARD who believes it will be possible to give out a phone number, take calls from people about any sort of albion-related issue they want to talk about, broadcast it via the internet, and then for those who want to listen back at a later date, even produce a PODCAST of it

obviously it is early days, and there is the likely possibility that this could be a complete COCK up, but if you don't try then you will never know

anyway, the technology is there. so - any suggestions for a NAME?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
oh, and i forgot to add that the phrase "window licker" WILL be allowed

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Is the suggestion that Harty will be involved?

Otherwise I don't see how it would be any better.

And calling it the NSC fans phone in seems silly as ideally you want to attract more than just NSC posters. But then if it's all done online the chances are you're only going to get NSC posters.

Difficult one but I'd like to see it happen

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If the phone in started at say 6pm I would be more inclined to listen in. By the time I'm home and have had something to eat, I'm too late!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Is the suggestion that Harty will be involved?

Otherwise I don't see how it would be any better.

And calling it the NSC fans phone in seems silly as ideally you want to attract more than just NSC posters. But then if it's all done online the chances are you're only going to get NSC posters.

Difficult one but I'd like to see it happen

i think hartys role on seagulls world would probably compromise any involvement - especially as we dont really want this to have anything to do with the club

the idea is just generally to allow people to call in and say whatever they want - broadcasting on-line means that virtually anything goes - so it should be a new and fresh approach, for example if it has been a particularly bad game then people can let lose with a torrent of expletives if they so wish

the name is difficult - obviously the limitations of doing it on-line means that the majority of listeners will be nscers. but there are plenty of other albion fans with access to the net that dont use this board due to the amount of window lickers, so appealing to them would obviously rule out any obvious nsc-related name

as i said, its still early days yet. but technologically it is possible to do it, its just a case of whether it actually works or not

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
If the phone in started at say 6pm I would be more inclined to listen in. By the time I'm home and have had something to eat, I'm too late!

the probability is that it wouldnt start straight after the game, but if it did then the podcast option would allow people to listen back if they so choose

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Fairy nuff, I see where you're coming from.

Good idea in principle.

Hope it works

The NSC Fans Phone in?

Gawd 'elp us.

It's bad enough that some of the few hundred Albion supporters who post on NSC seem to have got the idea that this place is "the voice of Albion fans everywhere", without trying to muscle in on a bit of the media that is actually listened to by thousands.

An "NSC fans phone-in" would be just like NSC Live Chat, with the added disadvantage that it might be preserved for posterity as a podcast.

:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here