Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Fans Phone In....

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I like the idea of Podcasting, and it's something I'd love to help out with if help were needed.

But if it's pirate radio I should probably steer clear :lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Much though I admire the enterprise of this idea, I'm afraid I think it is doomed from the start.

Firstly, much of the attraction of the SCR phone in was Harty, so unless he is involved I can't see what it is going to add over and above the current crap phone in.

Secondly part of the reason people listen to the phone in is that they get in their cars after the match and listen on the way home. A high percentage of the population only listen to the radio in their cars.

Thirdly once people are at home they have NSC, which kind of makes an online phone in redundant really.

Sorry but I think people should be making more effort to try and get Harty back than trying to spend time on something that in all liklihood will end up no better, and probably worse than the SCR phone in as it is.

the idea is just generally to allow people to call in and say whatever they want - broadcasting on-line means that virtually anything goes - so it should be a new and fresh approach, for example if it has been a particularly bad game then people can let lose with a torrent of expletives if they so wish

can i point out that the laws of libel and defamation apply just as much to online users as offline. If you are the host, you are responsible for staying inside the law. If you're serious you might want to consult with m'learnet freinds about what you can and can't put out......

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Good luck Scotty, got to be worth a go. An uncensored Albion show certainly has the potential to be interesting, but you won't know until you've tried it.

:clap:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
can i point out that the laws of libel and defamation apply just as much to online users as offline. If you are the host, you are responsible for staying inside the law. If you're serious you might want to consult with m'learnet freinds about what you can and can't put out......

good points - luckily i have already done the law module of my journalism course at uni, so have a pretty good grounding in that. and my colleague has been running a successful webcast for a couple of months now, so hopefully between us we can avoid any law suits!

when i said that, i was thinking more of the fact that we wont be subject to anything such as ofcom

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
1. Email SCR and tell them that unless Ian Hart is reinstated then you won't be listening. Any phone in without him won't be the same (although I thought John Byrne and Hawes did a good job, didn't hear Saturdays)

2. IMO have half an hour of 5 live, then start the phone in at 5.30 (till 6.30)when people are in their cars. 5 o'clock callers have invariably not actually been to the game.

3. Cut rubbish callers off. There is PLENTY to talk about on the phone in, but even with Harty doing it there were too many crap calls.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
That's not technically true if you are planning on broadcasting it live over the web...

i'm just going on how a LEGITIMATE internet radio station - namely play radio uk - operates. if they manage to escape with some of the output on their shows, then an illegitimate webcast should be ok

any advice you can give though sam would be greatly appreciated

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Listening now. oh lord.................

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Won't let me connect for some reason..

I'm connected, its exciting stuff. Second caller already.

Calling about Strictly Come Dancing.... and Adam ElAbd. Sad though this is but it's actually oddly quite good.

Could do with less childish ramblings in between the Albion bits, but maybe I am getting old.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
i'm just going on how a LEGITIMATE internet radio station - namely play radio uk - operates. if they manage to escape with some of the output on their shows, then an illegitimate webcast should be ok

any advice you can give though sam would be greatly appreciated

The only thing I'm going on is when I did student radio - pretty sure we had to pay some separate license for online. And do be a bit careful about defamation because as has been mentioned it does still counts. Of course, if the 'defamed' don't hear it....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Spastic, racism, and a description of a poo all in the first 13 minutes. The BBC would be turning in their grave, if they were dead etc etc...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Oh lord they've let on a Swindon fan, but multi calls all at once. I like that!!!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Who is this gayer on there now - "Loft was shocking". Twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here