Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Brighton Landmark

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Was in town yesterday watching graffiti legend SEEN alongside Brighton artists ODISY, AROE, ANIE and many more, putting the final touches to this wall just off Duke St, and I think you'll agree, it looks AWESOME!

P9290043.jpg

P9290045.jpg

http://www.seenworld.com

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Was in town yesterday watching graffiti legend SEEN alongside Brighton artists ODISY, AROE, ANIE and many more, putting the final touches to this wall just off Duke St, and I think you'll agree, it looks AWESOME!

Eyesore don't you mean. Very talented artists I'm sure, but it's not on the underground. :p

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Re: Re: New Brighton Landmark

RB said:
Eyesore don't you mean. Very talented artists I'm sure, but it's not on the underground. :p

If Brighton had more walls painted to this quality, it would be a much more colourful place...

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
goldstone said:
Graffiti is vandalism and the people who produce it are vandals not artists.

not if they are asked to paint it, as I assume was the case here

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
goldstone said:

What is on that shop is not illegal in the slightest. What it is, howver, is very pleasing on the eye.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Re: Re: Re: New Brighton Landmark

D'Angelo Saxon said:
If Brighton had more walls painted to this quality, it would be a much more colourful place...

Hmmm, would have to disagree with the choice of media, that is personal preference, but I'll agree with you that a lot of Brighton could do with a lick of paint!!!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
goldstone said:

Nah - people that smash telephone boxes are vandals, people who f*** up cash machines are vandals, people that break signposts and smash windows are vandals. People that paint intricate murals on the side of buildings are geniuses in comparison.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Yeah, saw them working on that yesterday too. Like it, much better than a massive billboard with some poncy car splashed across it.

I really like proper, well thought out grafitti. Tagging, on the other hand, is utter shite.

If shoplifters get their hands cut-off in the middle east...

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Nah - people that smash telephone boxes are vandals, people who f*** up cash machines are vandals, people that break signposts and smash windows are vandals. People that paint intricate murals on the side of buildings are geniuses in comparison.

It is if they have permission ..if not its vandalism

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
ditchy said:
It is if they have permission ..if not its vandalism

Well maybe if the cops found time to chase the real criminals rather than the easy ones, then the country would be a nicer place.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Looks good to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here