Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New BBC Sport website

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I think it looks rather cluttered, I'm still struggling to cope with the revamp of the main front page BBC site as it is ! In the old days a simple couple of clicks whould get you a whole days tv or radio guide now you have to pratt about all over the place.....the business page with the mini FTSE/Dow has almost disappeared into the abyss.... very poor but we are probably stuck with it.

Agreed - There's a real lack of joined up thinking from the BBC, navigation is inconsistent and you never know when a video is going to start (ie. Football focus thingy when you click on 'sportsday live' today. I wish they'd put more investment in to proper journos rather than glorified bloggers like Fordyce, Dirs etc. (See Fordyce's recent England Rubgy statistical effort, it's like an A level student who just found Wikipedia).

One other thing that really 'grinds my gears' is the amount of correspondents they send to events, there's at least 3 covering the Redknapp trial, why? Why more than 1? While local radio goes to the dogs.... rant over.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
don't like the fact you have to scroll to the bottom of the page to get around the site. Sidebars are clear and easy to use. Looks alright though.

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
I liked the previous site because once you clicked on Championship everything was there in front of you. No longer the case, a retrograde step.

Change for the better I like. This is change for the worse or just change for the sake of change.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
don't like the fact you have to scroll to the bottom of the page to get around the site. Sidebars are clear and easy to use. Looks alright though.

Eh? The navigation is at the top, including the dropdown menu on the right-hand side.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I hate it, the old one was good because everything was clear and easy to find. Looks like they're trying to be too modern, and failed miserably.

Nail. Head. Every single time the Beeb update their website, they make navigation more difficult. They usually set up a beta site too, and ask for feedback, but I've never seen the slightest change between the beta site and the subsequent live site, so they evidently don't pay any attention to feedback unless it's overwhelmingly positive.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Eh? The navigation is at the top, including the dropdown menu on the right-hand side.

you're not wrong! It's still ONE MORE click to get to the Championship page though.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Tried it a few times today to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Conclusion, it's horrific.

The rot has set in (from the main front page and previous "redesigns") and I'm gradually weaning myself off to better designed websites. A pity, as for a while the BBC website was one of the best as far as UI goes.......

No doubt the chiefs who signed it off will say "look, millions view an like it" ignoring that they have no choice (other than stop using something they are used to using). If they want true comparison, they need a switch to the old view and they'll see who prefers the new look.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Dont like it... the colours poor... the navigation is a nightmare (ive been trying to find european results from last night and the barca team news for tonight for ages and still havent found it) and it looks cluttered...

Looks like
Big-bird-NEW.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the general use and navigation is good, it matches up with the main news portal. but it is too cluttered, i dont see the value of a "headlines" thats only 2 inch wide down the middle. get rid of it if you want to promote video and the tables, put the headlines lower or in a sub-page.

but the colour is shithouse. bright yellow is a horrid colour on white, its all too bright and causes vision problems. the bright blue is, well too bright. pastel yellow and a darker blue would be much better. i will be using the site alot less due to the colour, which is a shame because otherwise its pretty much improved.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I hate it, the old one was good because everything was clear and easy to find. Looks like they're trying to be too modern, and failed miserably.

So far I agre with you. One thing I can't find is a list of results with the goalscorers. Where's that gone? I don't want to look at the whole match report.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here