Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New BBC Sport website

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's awful... ! What a joke. What was wrong with the old site??? If it cai'nt broke...

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Absolute car crash. Two Premier League match reports to the top right, main story to the left, two more (differently sized) Premier League match reports below that, divided by a column of random articles and further match reports. It's hard work.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
i old one was brilliant. although i hated that at first. this one will be brilliant but right now i dont like it very much. everyone will get use to it.

Links are missing (to players) and the sound does not work on some of the videos. Style is more eye catching. Irritated by it. Navigation is harder.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Jesus H Chirst. Just had to visit it again. What an absolute mess. I used to love the old site, so sensibly organised and easy to navigate. I wonder how much they paid people to redesign it - and make it look a hundred times worse. Who could possibly think this is an improvement on what they had before...?!

If ever there was an example of 'if it ain't broke dont't fix it...'

What a bunch of wankers.

Last edited:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
And it seems they've redunderised Mr Predictor.

So,all right,he got a few things wrong,but.............

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I hate it right now, but I nearly always do when a site I use a lot has a dramatic revamp.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Can't be as bad as what they did to the Radio Times site - perfectly functional and straightforward before. Now barely works most of the time. Why do they bother wasting money on stuff that's really not broken... someone justifying their own job?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I hate it, the old one was good because everything was clear and easy to find. Looks like they're trying to be too modern, and failed miserably.

Exactly. Change for changes sake. The whole thing now looks dull, too busy and needlessly complicated. I've already scaled down my usage because of it.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Where are the highlights from Tuesday? Can't find them anywhere.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Agree with all of the above negativity now I've had a first look. The old site was so easy to use and fast, with leagues etc listed down the left hand side. Now you have to scroll about looking for the different divisions. Like the Radio Times abomination, they've decided that something that was really functional and great to use needs to be jazzed up and consequently made it confusing and slow for anyone who hasn't got an up-to-date PC. Soccerbase did the same thing.. a really good site that worked brilliantly but is now so sloooowww. Compare any of these with the very simple statto.com and you realise how much these web 'designers' screw things up.. that site doesn't look amazing but is lightning quick and dead easy to find the information you want.

Style over substance every time for the rest. If I was in charge, I'd kick some arse and tell them to get back to basics.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Garish and ungainly. I'm not a fan. So much to look through to even want to find what's been going on. It makes me want to find a more civilised site and that's sad because i've always loved and admired it and its playfulness of image selection.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
I'm glad I found this thread. At first I thought it might be coz as an oldie anything new is bad, but this new design is f***ing shit. It looks like the inside of a madmans head. WTF are those idiots playing at. You have one of the best laid-out, easy to navigate sites around, why turn it upside down. Ignoring the number of errors now on the site presumably caused by the layout, the graphics seems to be there to appeal to my 4 month old son, and there is no logic to any of it. I could ramble on for hours about it but suffice to say I would call this one of the best examples of website vandalism I have seen.

PS you may have now also seen the pathetic attempt of its creator to explain his thinking behind the changes. Without any substance whatsoever. Utter bollocks. It doesnt work - I will now go to Sky first for easy to reach data.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here