Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New BBC football site

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
At least they have our new logo and stadium details. Has anyone noticed how piss poor sky have been? Leicester highlights on the website have our old badge and say from the Withdean stadium, pathetic, it's been like this all season. Can't believe they still haven't sorted it, I emailed SSN about it months ago.

I might write to them again, others feelings on this?

Bhafc11

Nov 24, 2011
I agree, it has the potential to look good but i have no idea how to get around on it. Just one big mess.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
There's another nice new feature on the fixtures page. Click on the icon to the left of a fixture and it shows the teams' last result against each other plus current form.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fixtures

bbc 2.png

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I don't like it at all.
I appreciate that the Beeb are trying to please users by giving them more information and more choice, but geez, what a mess.
In fact, it couldn't be more of a mess if Mr and Mrs Messy of Messy house,Messy Lane,Messland had designed it :(

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I thought the old version was very easy to use and navigate even if the content not great.

Now I find it totally confusing and less user friendly!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i suppose it'll take a bit of getting used to.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Every time a major site has a revamp there is a backlash. Facebook. YouTube. Beeb. Every time there is anger. It's probably because these sites are so well loved and so widely used we feel we know our way around them almost instinctively. Then a change comes along and we all get agitated.

For my part, I can't stand the Beeb sport revamp either right now. I used to know where everything was...and now I don't. If people still feel this way in a few weeks time then the Beeb might have a worry but I reckon it will pass.

What you say is generally true, but I can't see how I'm ever going to love it. For a start, the design itself is just awful - a real strain on the eyeballs.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I quite like it!

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
I find its a lot easier to switch between sports. Agreed it takes one more click to go through to the information if you only want football but if you are ion the football and want to check the cricket it is now several less clicks. I quite like it and there is more information available too

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I couldn't find the Videprinter..was superb for all goal updates...has it gone??

absolutely this!

living abroad my saturday afternoon consists of being tuned into seagulls player while having the vidiprinter on show

the updates on the iplayer are miles behind the actual vidiprinter

looking like skyports scoreline from now on

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I hate it, it was near perfect before, why would they do this, i want to complain...but who to?

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
My theory: When it is not broken, don't fix it. Was it broke? No. Did it need fixing? No. Is the predictor still on there, I rather liked that!

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Always used Sky Sports personally, such wider range of story's even if a big Premiership heavy

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
At first I hated it simply because I couldn't find what I wanted, now I am getting used to it, and it is growing on me! Why they went for the bright yellow is anybody's guess, it was always going to annoy people !

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here