Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New BBC football site

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It's all a bit yellow, isn't it? Not as modular in design, either - too many rectangles crashing into one another. Fine for a Watford fan page, but rather jarring for the nation's premier football news site.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I actually really like it. I can assure you the BBC will have done a lot of usability testing and this site will be far better than the last. Give it a few weeks and you'll love it too.

I agree with you, people do not like change. However, the change this time is not great. Some real navigation issues for me.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'm amazed at how appalled people are. The previous BBC website was absolutely awful IMO!

That said I try to avoid the BBC websites are invariably they are always last to update with any news.. and don't get me started on the BBC Weather service...

What a dogs dinner of a site! Looks like someone has thrown up a colour palette. Perfect example of something being over designed. And why in the top nav is Formula 1 second in the list - surely Cricket and Rugby bigger sports.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
imo its easier to navigate than the old, but the yellow is awfull. i wont be using it untill that goes.

richmond

May 30, 2008
As ever with so many newspaper/tv websites for football the BBC have taken the view that 'if it's not Premiership then it doesn't count'. The lower leagues don't seem to count at all.

I've just completed the survey and given the BBC 'a right old pasting' for a confusing redesign with far too much page content.

I've spent over 30 years in graphic design so I think the comments I made to the BBC are valid.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
has to be said it's very slow to update now - went to check the Championship table and it was from 3 days previous!!

need a new up to date Website to check scores on my Blackberry

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
As ever with so many newspaper/tv websites for football the BBC have taken the view that 'if it's not Premiership then it doesn't count'. The lower leagues don't seem to count at all.

Eh? Click on tables, then click right to move to the Championship table (keep going for league 1 etc). By clicking the icon to the left of the team name you can see a chart of league position, list of top scorers, previous result, next fixture, goals per game ratio. You can do this with all teams down to the Conference....If you want more info, stories, video or audio about a team, click on the team name.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Eh? Click on tables, then click right to move to the Championship table (keep going for league 1 etc). By clicking the icon to the left of the team name you can see a chart of league position, list of top scorers, previous result, next fixture, goals per game ratio. You can do this with all teams down to the Conference....If you want more info, stories, video or audio about a team, click on the team name.

bbc 2.png

Attachments

• BBC.png
    BBC.png
    255.5 KB · Views: 33

D

Deleted member 18477

Every time a major site has a revamp there is a backlash. Facebook. YouTube. Beeb. Every time there is anger. It's probably because these sites are so well loved and so widely used we feel we know our way around them almost instinctively. Then a change comes along and we all get agitated.

For my part, I can't stand the Beeb sport revamp either right now. I used to know where everything was...and now I don't. If people still feel this way in a few weeks time then the Beeb might have a worry but I reckon it will pass.

understand your point but for iphone users its annoying! people who use the site on an iphone will know what i mean.

D

Deleted member 18477

What a dogs dinner of a site! Looks like someone has thrown up a colour palette. Perfect example of something being over designed. And why in the top nav is Formula 1 second in the list - surely Cricket and Rugby bigger sports.

money talks.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
The BBC Football site was always my first port of call but I am not sure I like the changes one week on...The worst thing is that they do not present the fixtures in date order but in order of competition first. There should at least be the option to select date or competition order.

I think I may have to defect to Sky Sports Football page now...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011

Apparently F1 is the second most popular sport by number of visits or something. A friend showed me the stats and even though he is a big F1 fan he was quite shocked that it wasn't lower.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here