Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New BBC football site

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It used to be elegant, easy to comprehend and a joy to navigate. Now it is an ABSOLUTE MESS. Surely one of the worst web design c**k ups ever?! Just UGH.

BBC Sport - Football

The good news is they are asking for feedback - so if anyone wants to ask the BBC why they have somehow contrived to turn one of the best websites on the web into one of the worst, then fire away...

BBC Opinion Survey

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is awful, cannot just navigate to which division or country football you want to see - total mess in my view

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I used to love it, so neat and tidy and easy to use - now it's a total car crash!

D

Deleted member 18477

Agreed! Im trying to like it but I can't because the old design was SO good!

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
agree!

so much easier before to click to the championship.

now you have to scroll all the way down?

nightmare on the phone!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

D

Deleted member 18477

Exactly! If it ain't broke...!

It's really awkward to use on my iPhone now. I use to double click down the left on the sub headings and the iPhone would focus on the subheading column which made it very easy to navigate to the sport or football league etc that I wanted.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
agree!

so much easier before to click to the championship.

now you have to scroll all the way down?

nightmare on the phone!

There's a drop down menu titled 'Leagues & Competitions' in the top right corner you can easily navigate from there. :thumbsup:

But yes it is a mess. :nono:

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I actually really like it. I can assure you the BBC will have done a lot of usability testing and this site will be far better than the last. Give it a few weeks and you'll love it too.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
felt the same as the OP at first but am starting to like it now.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What a complete waste of license payers' money, it used to be very easy to use and now it's a real hassle.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Every time a major site has a revamp there is a backlash. Facebook. YouTube. Beeb. Every time there is anger. It's probably because these sites are so well loved and so widely used we feel we know our way around them almost instinctively. Then a change comes along and we all get agitated.

For my part, I can't stand the Beeb sport revamp either right now. I used to know where everything was...and now I don't. If people still feel this way in a few weeks time then the Beeb might have a worry but I reckon it will pass.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
It used to be elegant, easy to comprehend and a joy to navigate. Now it is an ABSOLUTE MESS. Surely one of the worst web design c**k ups ever?! Just UGH.

BBC Sport - Football

The good news is they are asking for feedback - so if anyone wants to ask the BBC why they have somehow contrived to turn one of the best websites on the web into one of the worst, then fire away...

BBC Opinion Survey

Exactly .. worse than trying to drive around Paris.The way that it has been hyped up too,utter mess.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Wasn't overly keen to start with but definitely growing on me. The old site was functional but did look horribly dated. As above, give it a month and everyone will have got used to it and it will be fine. Looks a lot more modern now

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here