Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New away shirt as modelled by OGH.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Turkey said:
Errea presumably made the whole kit once the order came in and will send it to us all together. Anyway. Who would want the shorts ans socks before they have seen the shirt!

but we have seen the shirt now, its all about maximizing your revenue, which the Albion fail time and time again to do!!

they club are short changing the fans also by 7 weeks, the kit should be slightly cheaper.

i know people think i go on abit on this subject but most of the things the club need to do is common sense!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Why do they keep changing the skint logo? it looks shite.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Doesn't need a badge as the club are going for the 'use-club shirt-as-casual-wear' angle.

Don't like it though.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
was very hopeful of a nice yellow shirt, its not bad, quite like the seagull but the skint logo sucks balls. very townie/grafitti stylee.

question: do you know of any other teams whose sponsers have a different logo on the home shirt to the away shirt? I can't think of any...

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
80's Seagull said:
Why do they keep changing the skint logo? it looks shite.

They do it to make money of course. I know it's a totally new shirt at the moment, but just wait for them to adopt this logo on the home shirt. Then you have to fork out more cash again.

I went into the shop when they introduced the block print Skint logo. I pointed out that this was the word 'Skint' but was not the company's logo. A woman in there argued that they had used this style of lettering for years, but then she was talking about other shirts which had this style of 'US college shirt' writing on them.
The bloke at the counter finally conceded 'They had to do something to make it different to sell more shirts'.

Can you imagine other teams taking their sponsors name and having it in block lettering? Can't see Vodafone, Carlsberg etc standing for it, can you?

Oh, by the way. I WON'T be wearing a yellow shirt, and I agree we need the badge on it.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
once again the FANS hve NO say in the matter.dick and his grand kids must have been busy for a couple of hours thinking that one up.This really pisses me off.:nono:

Sonic said:

I went into the shop when they introduced the block print Skint logo. I pointed out that this was the word 'Skint' but was not the company's logo. A woman in there argued that they had used this style of lettering for years, but then she was talking about other shirts which had this style of 'US college shirt' writing on them.
The bloke at the counter finally conceded 'They had to do something to make it different to sell more shirts'.

Can you imagine other teams taking their sponsors name and having it in block lettering? Can't see Vodafone, Carlsberg etc standing for it, can you?

I heard it was because Skint complained you couldn't see it clearly enough...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think it'll grow on everybody-once the team are seen in it a few times.

I'm trying to figure out why OGH is clearly wearing Butters's shirt? -or have all shirts got the tucked in/scrunched/ruffled sleeve look?

277143.jpg

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
i really love it. love the new badge, love the fact the bat has gone. love the fact it doesnat say who we are anywhere. its great!!

and doesnt the boy blue look great in it?!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I hated the black bat effort, but like the look of this one.

All this stuff about Skint is a little concerning though - as others point out - if Skint had not been tied up - would we have had a new home shirt too?

How long are Skint tied up for - could we see new shirts all round next season?

October - for f***'s sake. Shit excuses.:shootself

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
what are you lot on

best kit we have had in ages.

At last a BHA top i can wear for a kick about with mates, or out in Brighton without looking like i am going to play football.

more of a polo shirt than a silky blotchy over the top "football top".

gets my vote straight away.

Jameson

I'm OK with the shirt but again the whole thing raises the point about our involvement (not) in decisions that are taken with 99.99% of the objective to make money from fans. I don't buy the arguments about needing lots of different kit - the simple solution would be to convert the black/red bat shirt to yellow if this was the case.

Why can't we have a voice, formally, in these things? I'm happy to stump up the cash (although they proved JJB were price fixing - about £7 to make a shirt, sell for £40) for a reasonably cool shirt but this design by crayon approach sucks.

Seems the fans are tolerated rather than embraced. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here