Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] new away fan ID/ticketing system

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I just think the tone from the club is too heavy handed. It's perfectly reasonable to do random ID checks to clamp down on the issue but the lectures seem to have riled people up, hence the Dick Knight frustration and whatever songs were sung last night

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Spot on-ish.

Dick's ticket wouldn't scan through the Brentford turnstiles - nothing to do with the new collection scheme, nor any ID checking. And the close proximity of Albion ticketing staff meant it was all resolved quickly.
So a classic case of nothing to see here and absolutely no point in it being filmed.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm not sure if I can say the exact number (I'll ask and update this thread if so), but the number of tickets for collection that weren't picked up was larger than you'd probably expect due to people having "life events" come up and prevent them from attending.

Given people bought Brentford tickets before they knew about the collection/ID scheme, it strongly suggests that there was a fair bit of people buying tickets for others going on.
Sounds like it has been a success in that case. Let’s hope these people are permanently deterred from gaming away ticket sales.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Terrible look for Dick Knight in that video. Embarrassing for all involved, especially who was filming it and put it online

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The fact that Uncle Dick already had his ticket and was pointing at the barcode gives a slight clue that it might not be to do with the ID crap. Weirder that someone’s filming a pensioner while shouting “go on son” and all that. Also a bit odd if it takes the idea of DK being inconvenienced by it, or whether there were large numbers of uncollected tickets, for people to start to question whether this is the right way to go about things.

I got there quite late and there didn’t seem to be many envelopes on the table. The staff, predictably, seemed to be getting a bit of aggro.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I went in as the gates opened. Had my ticket and had ID ready. Usual security as at the Amex, show ticket, search, secondary check (presume this was the ID check but I went straight through) and to the turnstile. Once in and in my seat some moaned about being sent all around the ground to get their tickets but as it was still well before KO they didn't miss a thing. All coaches were there 1.5 hours before KO so no late comers. If you had to pick up your ticket I'd imagine you allowed 30 mins to do so.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'm not sure if I can say the exact number (I'll ask and update this thread if so), but the number of tickets for collection that weren't picked up was larger than you'd probably expect due to people having "life events" come up and prevent them from attending.

Given people bought Brentford tickets before they knew about the collection/ID scheme, it strongly suggests that there was a fair bit of people buying tickets for others going on.
Imagine that, how unfortunate

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It shows it’s working… just bought my Wolves ticket after seeing that my wife, who is not even a STH, could get one. Obviously those who abuse the system are now shying away from ruining it for the rest. Ironically if those who were benefitting before are members they can still get tickets to this game.
Or it could be that there are train problems that day which is putting people off buying tickets for a match in the Midlands. The Wolves match went on sale before the new policy came in.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I just think the tone from the club is too heavy handed. It's perfectly reasonable to do random ID checks to clamp down on the issue but the lectures seem to have riled people up, hence the Dick Knight frustration and whatever songs were sung last night
Well the DN video is unrelated isn’t it ? , it appears to be something that could happen at any PL ground to anyone but nonetheless it has really riled people up - thanks to the lack of context on social media - no doubt to the clubs frustration. . And the singing last night was hardly done in anger, it was just a classic example of Brighton fans (perhaps mindful that TB was in earshot) having a bit of a self aware p take.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Actually a very similar chant happened when he walked in at yesterdays game when he had his wife & 2 children with him . Embarrassing & I have to say quite childish .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It shows it’s working… just bought my Wolves ticket after seeing that my wife, who is not even a STH, could get one. Obviously those who abuse the system are now shying away from ruining it for the rest. Ironically if those who were benefitting before are members they can still get tickets to this game.
It doesn’t. Don’t think we even sold out the ‘small’ away corner at Wolves last season, there were loads of empty seats. We have a real mix of very high demand games, and plenty where we don’t get close to a sell-out. Going down to general sale in one doesn’t suggest the new policy is working at all - it will only really impact high-demand games that sell out in T2, allowing more in T2 (which is wide in terms of loyalty points usually) to have a decent stab at getting tickets. It’s irrelevant for games like Wolves.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It doesn’t. Don’t think we even sold out the ‘small’ away corner at Wolves last season, there were loads of empty seats. We have a real mix of very high demand games, and plenty where we don’t get close to a sell-out. Going down to general sale in one doesn’t suggest the new policy is working at all - it will only really impact high-demand games that sell out in T2, allowing more in T2 (which is wide in terms of loyalty points usually) to have a decent stab at getting tickets. It’s irrelevant for games like Wolves.
There's only a handful of games where demand outstrips supply, namely London clubs plus Bournemouth.

What with ground collectors having long since ticked off the big North-west clubs, and the cost and unreliable nature of transport being a deterrent for others, even the big north-west based clubs aren't a particularly big draw now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here