New Albums you would recomend?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Safeway said:
BRADERS! :ohmy:

'Comfort in Sound', IMHO, is BRILLIANT.
better then there previous stuff :glare: a couple of great tracks on "comfort in sound " but hardly the greatest

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Safeway, is the Rooster album good?

Someone asked me if I wanted a free copy but being the music snob I am sometimes, I turned my nose up at it.
:nono:

Richie Morris said:
Safeway, is the Rooster album good?

Someone asked me if I wanted a free copy but being the music snob I am sometimes, I turned my nose up at it.
:nono:

Honestly, I really like it. Nothing groundbreaking like, but some quality pop rock.

A couple of tracks have got a seriously 80s sound to them (Huey Lewis and the News sort of thing).

Last edited:

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm is a great album, shame that "Little Thoughts" is not on it, but banquet and helicopter are brill.

Bravery - Bravery will have to buy this as their first two singles are quality, honest mistake especially.

Kaiser Chiefs - Employment, from what I heard at NME tour, it will be the album of the year, highly recommended, and single oh my god is out tomorrow!

Athlete - Tourist I liked wires and vehicles and animals so I thought I'd buy it for the sake of it, but it is rubbish, nothing on their debut.

New Order - Waiting for the sirens to call legendary band so youve gotta buy this album anyway! their latest single "Krafty" is quite good too!

Idlewild - Warnings and promises - out soon, liked their other stuff and love steals us from loneliness so surely worth a tenner.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have never been a huge fan of Athlete. Pretty run of the mill stuff.

BBQ Background music that should have been released in the summer.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Bollocks - If you're prepared to like rooster, then you can't have a go at Athlete for being more of the same. Yeah its a bit predictable, but I reckon Tourist is very good.

New Order really should know when to call it a day. Krafty is an embarrassment.

I really like Idlewild (agreed the single is excellent) and am keen on Bravery and Kaisers.

I'm listening to Joyrider - Rush Hour. Beat that!!!

MattBackHome said:
Bollocks - If you're prepared to like rooster, then you can't have a go at Athlete for being more of the same.

Of course you can. If Rooster's seond album is more of the same then you can say the same about them. At least Rooster have got a bit of 'OOMPH'.

MattBackHome said:
I'm listening to Joyrider - Rush Hour. Beat that!!!

CHOON! Remember seeing them at The Event in about 97 for the Freshers Ball. Mike Flowers Pops was there as well. What a CLOWN he was. :jester:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
bloc party album is ace (and went into the album charts at a very respectable number 3 today)

i'm OBVIOUSLY gonna recommend kaiser chiefs album, out march 7th, and it IS the best album of the last year... at least:clap:

Dr Breakfast

Feb 13, 2005
Sussex innit
Feeder have been shite since Swim to be honest. They had a slight hint of redemption with Yesterday Came too Soon but then went straight back to being shite with that dreary Echo Park.

All this talk of athlete is depressing too. They're in the same league as Traviis.

And as for Rooster, I'm not listening to anything of theirs on principal because that is a shit name and weren't they "house band" on some Saturday morning kids show?

Squiggsy

Oct 26, 2003
Worthing
Athlete album IS more of the same, but then that suits me. Definitely a summer feel to it though - they were brilliant at Move (Old Trafford) when they supported REM in the blazing sun.

Chemical Brothers is excellent.

Bloc Party sounds ok, but only had chance to play once so far.

Doves album arrived yesterday (Thanks Play - not due out until tomorrow!!) and is first rate. If you like the first two albums you'll love this. Must see about getting tickets for the Dome.

Also (and don't suppose anyone else will agree), the new Tori Amos album is a very good Tori Amos album. If you like her, you'll love it - but won't win any converts.

Looking forward to the New Order album, thought they ripped the stage up at the NME awards.

NickL

Aug 21, 2003
Brighton
southstandandy said:
I keep seeing adverts for Long View on MTV2 - Are they any good, anyone know ?

I've got the album and think it's really good. Further and When you sleep are the stand out tracks on first inspection, but the rest of the album will soon be stuck in your head.

Good band and very underated.:smokin:

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
New Order live are increasingly cringeworthy, but Waiting For The Siren's Call is a great album. A grower. 'Jetstream', future single done with the Scissor Sister will probably have widespread appeal.

Doves is excellent.

The new Wedding Present album is really good too, for all 80's throwback types.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
The new Keane album is cool.

cooldance.gif

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Disapointed with some of the tracks on the BLOC PARTY album, although they do sound distinctly better live, its still worth purchasing although the comparisons to Coldplay banded around in the supplements review pages over the last few weeks are distinctly unerving.

The new LCD SOUNDSYSTEM album comes highly recomended, the only disapointing track is the much banded around 'Daft Punk are playing at my house' so if you hear Zane Lowe or one of his lackeys playing that track, dont be put off by it, its my album of the YEAR so far and are blinding live.

My most anticipated Album up and coming however has to be EDITORS, the Debut single Bullets is out next week I think, and the Album promises to be something just a little bit different, just a shame their forthcoming tour is NOT taking in Brighton. Have a WORD with them PETER :jester:

The new Wedding Present album is not just "very good", it is f*cking superb! As for being an 80s throwback type, I reckon it is as fresh as any of the "new breed" of alternative bands - ie Bloc Party, Futureheads, Kaiser Chiefs, The Others etc. As least The Wedding Present don't dress in a 'uniform' like Franz bloody Ferdinand!

And Richie Morris, you said the other day that your mate was asked to drum for the Weddoes but turned them down, can I ask why?

Other quality bands currently doing the rounds are Joeyfat and Jason And The Astronauts. Heard of them Richie?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The new The Mars Volta LP 'Frances The Mute' another stunning offering from one of the best bands/legacys ever to have lived :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here