Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New academy players + new foreign signings. I think Gus is a canny manager

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We've given contracts to (I think) 4 academy players, we've got these new unknown Argies and a Bulgarian (potentially) who hopefully will attract the crowds, Calderon is permanent, we're going for Lua Lua, Barnes, Greer and Hendrie, Brezovan really impressed last season plus he's got competition with that ex-Saints goalie....and a manager and coach who seem to get the best out of Elphick and El-Abd. My favourite, Elliott Bennett, is still here.

You know what - that's not a bad squad Gus and Mauricio are building. I am very very excited about the new season.

:albion2:

Viva Gus!!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
And who wouldn't be excited about a season with a strikeforce of Glenn Murray, Chris Holroyd, Craig Davies, Liam Dickinson and potentially Gary Hart as well!?!

:clap2:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And who wouldn't be excited about a season with a strikeforce of Glenn Murray, Chris Holroyd, Craig Davies, Liam Dickinson and potentially Gary Hart as well!?!

How odd. I'd completely forgotten about the lower league Berbatov. If we can keep him too then we really are gonna be a forc to be reckoned with

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing

Bang on pal, OHHHH GARYYY HARTTTTTTTT, GARY GARY GARY HART!!
He's the man to fire us to the top...

actually maybe not :S :lolol:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Albion have agreed a three-year deal with free agent Matt Sparrow.

The long-time Scunthorpe favourite is expected to complete paperwork within the next 24 hours.

He will be at the Seagulls' training ground for a medical in the morning as Gus Poyet's squad start serious pre-season work having undergone fitness assessments when they reported back today.

Meanwhile former Charlton right back or midfielder Radostin Kishishev, 35, will be training with Albion for the next fortnight and the Bulgarian international could earn a contract.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
We NEED someone to partner Murray, that's now our major priority, without another striker we are going nowhere.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What is happening with the development squad? I demand a new coach!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Does the season start tomorrow? Or are you being annoying and negative for the sake of it? Hmm I wonder...

Murray
Barnes
+1 other (better than Barnes)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We need 3 strikers i think ... Holroyd is US and is 2 leagues above his level ... Murrays not sure if he wants to stay or go Barnes is still at plymouth and Dickinson and Davies are not wanted by the management

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
We NEED someone to partner Murray, that's now our major priority, without another striker we are going nowhere.

Loads of midfield types....now for the strike force I hope.Haven't got a clue whether Murray will stay or go,but his disciplinary record is very poor;added to that does he want to stay.......and do we want him to? For that matter do we want any of the strikers to stay?Like to get Ashley Barnes,tho'!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Where has this old chestnut of Murray wanting to go re-appeared from? Unless something new has come up, or I have missed something dramatic, last I heard was that he was happy here and intends to see his contract through.

Can someone elaborate on this, or is it just NSC scuttlebutt?

:shrug:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
last I heard was that he was happy here and intends to see his contract through.

Can someone elaborate on this, or is it just NSC scuttlebutt?

:shrug:

I think you know the answer to that Al.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Something y'all don't see to have realised.

We haven't spent a penny yet, except on wages.

We still have a cash pot of at least around 1m to splash out on probably a striker.

Fear not all..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here