Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Never mind Joe Biden how long has Strictly Come Dancing got?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
There was a time the celebs went on it to get some extra curricula activity. Natasha kaplinsky, Ben Cohen, joe calzaghe, seann Walsh (and likely susanna reid) all did the horizontal tango

Now it seems you go on it ro be verbally and physically abused. SCD has gone all S&M

Always wondered why it was 'strictly'

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Strange business. It makes me wonder if back in the day, behind the joviality and checked trousers, Terry Wogan and little Ronnie Corbett were getting beasted by Tony Jacklin and Lee Trevino.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Hasn’t Abbington only now come forward? The investigation into Pernice has just started.

The Giovanni Pernice one has been running a while. The one that kicked off last week was Graziano Di Prima (who has admitted what happened). Pernice has denied the claims against him. Just looking on Google today, the "news" tab for a Google search for Strictly is awash with allegations now - against both male and female pros. Anton Du Beke (now a judge) is also facing allegations.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The Giovanni Pernice one has been running a while. The one that kicked off last week was Graziano Di Prima (who has admitted what happened). Pernice has denied the claims against him. Just looking on Google today, the "news" tab for a Google search for Strictly is awash with allegations now - against both male and female pros. Anton Du Beke (now a judge) is also facing allegations.
Strictly Come Bullying.

I have no comment to make of the show (I don't watch it) but I know that Abingdon suffered horrific abuse on social media for speaking out, and her kids suffered too. That would have put others off from coming forward. Now that dam seems to have broken, and given how long the show has been on for there were bound to have been others. Now I bet to muddy the waters there will be the usual social media sideshow of abuse about what constitutes 'bullying'.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Strange business. It makes me wonder if back in the day, behind the joviality and checked trousers, Terry Wogan and little Ronnie Corbett were getting beasted by Tony Jacklin and Lee Trevino.
What would that "beasting" involve exactly?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Strictly Come Bullying.

I have no comment to make of the show (I don't watch it) but I know that Abingdon suffered horrific abuse on social media for speaking out, and her kids suffered too. That would have put others off from coming forward. Now that dam seems to have broken, and given how long the show has been on for there were bound to have been others. Now I bet to muddy the waters there will be the usual social media sideshow of abuse about what constitutes 'bullying'.
It does sadly appear that it was bullying, and on an industrial scale, no way Strictly continues now. Perhaps it should be replaced with a new reality series Strictly Come Safeguarding where the BBC bosses learn how proper safeguarding works.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Once it gets to the point where chaperones are required in the rehearsal studios to prevent the professional dancers from beating up the contestants, then it's all over.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Once it gets to the point where chaperones are required in the rehearsal studios to prevent the professional dancers from beating up the contestants, then it's all over.

It has and it is.

Tim Davie today apologising to all of the previous contestants who have been physically and verbally abused but it's too little too late. He said the show will go on but I can't see how it can, we can't watch it the same way again knowing the lack of safeguarding in place. I'd much prefer the BBC saved whatever money it costs to put Strictly on each year and spent it on a proper safeguarding policy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here