Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Never left a game early..... until today

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is true sadly.

I am a huge fan of Gus, but must admit his team choice was wrong today.

Barnes up front on his own is never going to win anything.

Its not Barnesy's fault though, the defending today was awful.

El Abd was poor, Dicker a disaster, Painter rubbish.

Calde & Painter was first exposed at the tale end of last season as poor; an omen to come against Championship teams.

Championship teams soon learnt that Calde & Painter both had no pace for full backs when defending.

Dicker will never be a Championship midfield general. Too slow and dithers.

Many said this stuff on NSC last Summer's close season, and Aug to Oct 2011 (the initial wins, did not disguise their failings).

Deja vu that Calde, Dicker & Painter all played today. Frightening for us, and gave the much better & pacier athletes of WHU a massive lift.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
A couple of my son's friends just turned up and walked in my house looking well dejected!!! They have just got back from the game - they said they wanted to leave after 13 mins but stuck it out but have never felt so embarrassed in their lives!!! They said the highlight of their day was getting two new monopoly macdonald stickers!!! LOLOLOOL

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
It was an embarassment today. So many players had an off day and were overwhelmed by the occasion and by West Ham. What most struck me was how once again we were out muscled by the oppostion. Heavyweights v Lightweights.
Ah well, it's still been a good season. We are not relegated.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Tough day yesterday, but I've seen us play worse and win. Selecting painter was an odd choice and dicker looked out of his depth as he has done on numerous occasions.

CMS needs his confidence back, he needs to start in our final 3 games....

As for leaving early, what's the point? Pathetic. We have too many twatty fans that still think because we won the league last year that we have a divine right to win every game. We had an off day, we've been brilliant all season and w're going to finish in the top half of a very strong division (and above palace and pompey) some of you need a reality check.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Tough day yesterday, but I've seen us play worse and win. Selecting painter was an odd choice and dicker looked out of his depth as he has done on numerous occasions.

CMS needs his confidence back, he needs to start in our final 3 games....

As for leaving early, what's the point? Pathetic. We have too many twatty fans that still think because we won the league last year that we have a divine right to win every game. We had an off day, we've been brilliant all season and w're going to finish in the top half of a very strong division (and above palace and pompey) some of you need a reality check.
Every club has fans like that end of.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The trouble was most people realised we were going to lose before a ball was even kicked with that line-up, what I didn't expect was how easily we would roll over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here