Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neutrals drove 300 miles to see our stadium on Tuesday.

D

Deleted member 18477

There was a twat wearing a Swansea shirt in the WSU for the spurs game! anyone wearing another clubs shirt for any Brighton home game should not be allowed in!

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
^^^^^

I think that's brilliant. When you make a decision to follow one team - How the hell can you ever switch to another?

Proper fan.

Fella,

i beg to differ with your logic there. For instance i was born in Newham, East London, and was raised to be a West Ham fan. However i moved to Uckfield when i was 8, and then moved to brighton when i was 19.

By the time i was 15 - 16, obviously Brighton were my local team, and i was able to get to see them (at the Goldstone) and then at the Withdean (missed the Gillingham time). And on the back of being able to watch the Albion i switched my allegiance and became a totally devoted fan. STH in Withdean and at the Amex...

Still have a soft spot for the Hammers, but Albion will be my true love.......

phoenix

May 18, 2009

Natterjack was the chief engineer or something along those lines.That helped make The Stadium what it is today.Used to come on N.S.C quite alot.Provided us with lots of info
about the build, and a genuine decent Fella.We can never thank him enough.

Always said that he would like to come along to the first senior game.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Fella,

i beg to differ with your logic there. For instance i was born in Newham, East London, and was raised to be a West Ham fan. However i moved to Uckfield when i was 8, and then moved to brighton when i was 19.

By the time i was 15 - 16, obviously Brighton were my local team, and i was able to get to see them (at the Goldstone) and then at the Withdean (missed the Gillingham time). And on the back of being able to watch the Albion i switched my allegiance and became a totally devoted fan. STH in Withdean and at the Amex...

Still have a soft spot for the Hammers, but Albion will be my true love.......

This is what can only be expected-if i moved and had kids in another area-they would know of my Albion love-but i would fully support them in choosing their local side-some Sussex based/Down from London Palace fans may have to get used to this if Brighton maintain at Championship level.

D

Deleted member 18477

Natterjack was the chief engineer or something along those lines.That helped make The Stadium what it is today.Used to come on N.S.C quite alot.Provided us with lots of info
about the build, and a genuine decent Fella.We can never thank him enough.

Always said that he would like to come along to the first senior game.

Ahhh!! If it was him I apologise! He can wear what he wants except palace!! Lol.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I've been to see a few games that hasn't involved BHA.. Sometimes it's nice to be a neutral and just enjoy the game and atmosphere without nail chewing! I did miss the adrenalin rush though.

I've been to see a few other clubs in London, and I regard Fulham as my second team as they are local to me. I got right into the game when they played Juventus, but it felt somehow wrong to sing so I stopped. I went to see QPR in 1992, as I was desperate to see some quality football (the season after the Play Off final, and we were completely dire). I saw a cracking match against Manchester City, which QPR won 4-0, with Les Ferdinand scoring a superb header. I've been to see Arsenal and Spurs as a neutral, and once when we were away, I went a game between Leyton Orient and West Brom. The game was a total bore, but I've never met a friendlier bunch of fans. I can't think where our supposed rivalry with them came from. Regarding people who support clubs for odd reasons, my London vicar is a lifelong Albion fan, but comes from Norfolk and has never had a parish down here.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
I drove at least 250 miles round trip after last Saturday and I suspect my car (and Moto Guzzi/Moto Morini 750 31/2 Strada) might be putting on a few more miles come the end of the season.
For cripes sake, how many BHA supporters rock up on a 35 yr old Italian classic. Martin Perry might pee in his pantelones at the thought of it,

Lawmololly

Aug 15, 2011
Littlehampton
I came to my first game on Tuesday too, as have not long lived down here. Was in the queue for the Park and Ride back to Mill Lane and stood behind me was a guy I used to work with..........from Kettering. He is a 92 club member and wanted to see the stadium. 16500 people there and I meet a guy I worked with 150 miles away!!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We met a Norwegian chap in the Railway before the game he'd been to watch us the Charity Shield on the sunday, came down to our game on the tuesday and was going to watch Oxford the next day. I guess we are now an attractive prospect for neutrals.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I came to my first game on Tuesday too, as have not long lived down here. Was in the queue for the Park and Ride back to Mill Lane and stood behind me was a guy I used to work with..........from Kettering. He is a 92 club member and wanted to see the stadium. 16500 people there and I meet a guy I worked with 150 miles away!!

I would imagine there is a fair whack of people (a) basically curious at to see what the fuss is about and (b) to top up their 92 Club status at the earliest convenience.

Unless they're wearing a plastic fan's shirt (Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool etc), or a Palace shirt, I think it's fair play for them to wear their own (neutral) shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here