Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Netflix

Kurt Nogan

Feb 7, 2012
Also, if you sign up via Quidco you get £15 cashback!

I have a Sony Blu Ray player (wireless) and it does not have netflix on there but if I go via unblockus it shall appear as available on Sony in USA. If I follow the instructions on unblockus it says enter your 1st DNS numbers as 208.122.23.22 and 2nd as 208.122.23.23. Im not that tech minded but when I go into my blu ray settings the DNS numbers are only 5 digits?! Where or how do I enter the above numbers.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Once BT Infinity gets installed next week I'm going to be all over this, my current experience of video streaming at peak times through Orange Broadband is patchy at best. It looks like it's ready to go on my X-Box 360 so I'm looking forward to HD quality streaming :thumbsup:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Also, if you sign up via Quidco you get £15 cashback!

I have a Sony Blu Ray player (wireless) and it does not have netflix on there but if I go via unblockus it shall appear as available on Sony in USA. If I follow the instructions on unblockus it says enter your 1st DNS numbers as 208.122.23.22 and 2nd as 208.122.23.23. Im not that tech minded but when I go into my blu ray settings the DNS numbers are only 5 digits?! Where or how do I enter the above numbers.

You wan to go into Internet settings to put those DNS numbers in...

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I've signed up to the Netflix free trial after being given an Apple TV gizmo. The streaming quality seems very good, but the film choice all seems a little dated (the kind of movies that you can get for a for a couple of quid in bargain bins).
The best thing I've found on there by a country mile is Breaking Bad

DEFINITELY. How I have never watched Breaking Bad is beyond me. I am wondering whether Netflix (US version) will carry Mad Men, as Sky have been dicks and hidden it away by putting it on Sky Atlantic. Not good if, like me, you use Virgin Media........

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Not impressed by the choice of films on Netflix - seems to be a lack of new stuff - but I signed up for the free 30 day trial via Quidco which will get me £15 cashback once I have watch 5 hours worth of downloads. Will probably cancel before the end of the trial though.

Will look at Blinkbox and Lovefilms after that.

D

Deleted member 18477

netflix & lovefilm never have new releases. so i'm out!

ps3 store is where its at & sky movies! (+cheap bluray deals from amazon & play after the films been out a while)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Really underwhelmed by Netflix- promised so much but failed to deliver.
The content is inadequate to say the least.

I'll be sticking with 1channel.ch on the PC and SkyPlayer on the Xbox.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
My free trial ends tomorrow and I'm definitely not renewing. Have watched every episode of Peep Show and quite a few South Park's but only a couple of films. Really poor film selection, which if they dramatically improve on in the future may be worth returning to. But at the moment no. My flatmate tried the US version and the films didn't seem any better there either and then you only get the US content and have to mess about if you want to watch the English stuff again. Poor.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
My free trial ends tomorrow and I'm definitely not renewing. Have watched every episode of Peep Show and quite a few South Park's but only a couple of films. Really poor film selection, which if they dramatically improve on in the future may be worth returning to. But at the moment no. My flatmate tried the US version and the films didn't seem any better there either and then you only get the US content and have to mess about if you want to watch the English stuff again. Poor.

Completely agree. I couldn't believe how shit the film selection was.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Give Lovefilm's on demand a go. Whilst it's not brilliant it's certainly allot better for films than Netflix is. I personally don't watch a huge amount of films so think Netflix is good (now I'm on the US version) for TV shows so I'll probably keep it on (watched the first episode of that Breaking Bad on Friday seeing as soo many people were singing it's praises on here, thought it was ok but not brilliant. Is it worth sticking with it??). Got Lovefilm for the rest of the month before I have to pay so will probably see how frequently films are added before making a call. That said though keeping both of them on is still cheaper than adding the movies to my Sky package so may end up keeping them both.

Much prefer the Netflix app on my Apple TV compared to the Lovefilm app on my Samsung TV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here