Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Netflix

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Give Lovefilm's on demand a go. Whilst it's not brilliant it's certainly allot better for films than Netflix is. I personally don't watch a huge amount of films so think Netflix is good (now I'm on the US version) for TV shows so I'll probably keep it on (watched the first episode of that Breaking Bad on Friday seeing as soo many people were singing it's praises on here, thought it was ok but not brilliant. Is it worth sticking with it??). Got Lovefilm for the rest of the month before I have to pay so will probably see how frequently films are added before making a call. That said though keeping both of them on is still cheaper than adding the movies to my Sky package so may end up keeping them both.

Much prefer the Netflix app on my Apple TV compared to the Lovefilm app on my Samsung TV.

Haven't used lovefilm before but will give the trial a go soon. Thought the trials were only two weeks though? How did you manage to get a month?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Registered for the Lovefilm trial last night through my PS3, at about 10:30pm. Tried to watch something but it said my account wasn't fully registered yet so I left it. HAd an email through at 00:50 to say they are "busy authorising" my account and I'll shortly recieve an email to confirm everything. Still haven't had anything through.

Does it normally take this long? I haven't used lovefilm at all in the past so they shouldn't be querying if I've had the free trial before should they?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Been using Lovefilm for a short while now and the film choice is much better than Netflix, but the TV choice is a lot worse. Also have serious buffering issues on Lovefilm. Had problems near enough every time I've used it was it pausing for periods of between 5 seconds and up to 2-3 minutes on occasion. I guess this isn't the norm for Lovefilm as they wouldn't still be in business if it was, but I didn't have these issues on Netflix. The fast forwarding and rewinding is also horrific to use.

Would definitely pay for Netflix if their film choice was as good as Lovefilms, and I'd definitely pay for Lovefilm if it's TV content and streaming was as good as Netflix.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Signed up to Netflix last night. Watched a couple of things without any issues. Watched Deathrace 2000 which is a pretty old film and i was impressed with the picture quality.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Signed up last week and watched a few films and TV shows. Had no issues with streaming or quality. I doubt I will keep it though as there is a real lack of choice at the moment.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
The US version on the Xbox is BRILLIANT!!!

I am using the version on the Xbox, if there was more choice I would be tempted to keep it. But I can't justify paying out money for a bunch of films that I've seen.

I am using the version on the Xbox, if there was more choice I would be tempted to keep it. But I can't justify paying out money for a bunch of films that I've seen.

The content is region specific. Netflix dont have the right to stream as much as they do in the US. I guess over time the catalogue will get bigger so proably one to keep an eye out over time rather than writing it off for good..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No idea - I've never had a warning from BT and I reckon we're pretty heavy downloaders
I bet you are you perve

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here