Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Netflix has announced a new crime series called Synden.

When teenager Silas is found dead at a farmhouse on the Bjäre peninsula – the perpetually angry, odd but highly intelligent investigator Dani (Krista Kosonen) is teamed up with newly graduated police colleague Malik (Mohammed Nour Oklah) to investigate the case.

The investigation leads Dani and Malik into a patriarchal rat-hole on the Scanian countryside and they soon find themselves at the center of a dark family feud that has been going on for generations. Dani, who has a personal connection to the victim Silas, is drawn deep into the investigation and the families it centers around.

The Patriarch Elis (Peter Gantman) gives Dani a deadline to solve the case before taking matters into his own hands within the family.

Netflix says that Synden is a modern crime set in an uncertain world of conflict and violence where the original sin is constantly present.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Gangs of London has finally landed on Flix. I managed 30 minutes of E1 a few years back. Yesterday I had another go, managed 15 minutes of E1 this time before binning it.

:wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Documentary on Apollo 13 is superb, always amazes me how they managed to run space programs/mission control on computers of that era, room full of smart scientists and engineers with a bank of pocket calculators smoking cigars, amazing

Watched Perfect Couple last week which was really good, and got half way through Monsters last night which is pretty disturbing tbh

Is it worth seeing Monsters through? We watched just episode one, I couldn’t warm to it or the main actors. And I’m usually open minded.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Is it worth seeing Monsters through? We watched just episode one, I couldn’t warm to it or the main actors. And I’m usually open minded.
It's got some pretty slating reviews, but I think the menendez brothers acting was pretty powerful, especially round episode 3 where it's becomes quite dark. I thought it was decent, though uncomfortable at times content wise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here