Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Lennon just got attacked

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Celtic went two up and some dick jumps out the stand and goes for him. Getting well TASTY it is, fighting in the stands now.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
its not gonna be long before something nasty happens up there in Scottishland involving Lennon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm sure he was blameless in this latest episode, but on the whole, Scottish football needs Neil Lennon like a hole in the head, right now.

pezza

Oct 26, 2010
seaford
Looked like Lennon ducked under the punch. No man deserves anything like what he has gone through over a game of football

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Neil Lennon, whilst not deserving of this seems to court this kind of incident.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I'm sure he was blameless in this latest episode, but on the whole, Scottish football needs Neil Lennon like a hole in the head, right now.

Why is this? To me he just seems like a very passionate guy who cares deeply for Celtic. He doesn't (or at least I've never heard him say) anything inflammatory against Rangers / Protestants / Any other SPL team / player.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think they need to be made to play a few games behind closed doors to understand that sectarian behaviour is not acceptable.

And they think they would be welcome in English football :US:

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
His belligerent approach, and winding-up of other management teams and fans, is only adding fuel to explosive and sectarian situations.

Walter Smith, Jock Stein, Martin O'Neill and others always trod carefully and diplomatically not to inflame things; whilst still maintaining a private and steely determination for their Club to beat the other to the silverware.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I think they need to be made to play a few games behind closed doors to understand that sectarian behaviour is not acceptable.

And they think they would be welcome in English football :US:

Who are you referring to as 'they' ? It was the Hearts fans who jumped over to attack Lennon not his own supporters..

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
His belligerent approach, and winding-up of other management teams and fans, is only adding fuel to explosive and sectarian situations.

Walter Smith, Jock Stein, Martin O'Neill and others always trod carefully and diplomatically not to inflame things; whilst still maintaining a private and steely determination for their Club to beat the other to the silverware.

This.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why is this? To me he just seems like a very passionate guy who cares deeply for Celtic. He doesn't (or at least I've never heard him say) anything inflammatory against Rangers / Protestants / Any other SPL team / player.

"Passionate", in this particular context simply means "ill-mannered gobshite with no self-control"

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Who are you referring to as 'they' ? It was the Hearts fans who jumped over to attack Lennon not his own supporters..

Didn't think it was. But I do think that Scottish football has got itself into a cycle of self-perpetuating mindless violence which needs to be stopped in its tracks before something serious happens

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mourinho winds people up constantly, does anyone try and twat him, no.

I have no time for either Rangers or Celtic, but for any "supporter" to justify physical violence towards Neil Lennon or anyone else because of what he might have said is pathetic. No excuses.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
It seems to only be a matter of time before something really serious goes off. Why has it got so bad recently? There has been problems over recent years, but it's become really inflamed over the last few months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here