Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nearly got in a fight with my best mate......

What should I do?

• Stay In- If he wants to do that to you, then don't bother.

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • Go out with him- It was only the drink talking.....

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • What next Kev boxing ring?!

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Kev I very much doubt it was anything about you, anything you did or anything you said. It very rarely is in these kind of bust-ups. You were just an easy punch bag - just like when a random stranger goes around looking for a fight in a pub. It's pecking order stuff - he feels better about his own shitty life by picking on you.

1) Don't let him push you around because of his own problems.
2) If he's a good mate, try talking to him.
3) If he's not particularly someone you give a stuff about, keep out of his way if you can and make it clear you're not going to be pushed around just cos he feels like it.

Them is wise words Lush.

Alternatively, just f*** the moron off & hang out with proper mates in future. As has been said already to you: he will get what's coming to him from somebody far more accomplished at fighting than him. :thumbsup:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Agree with Lush, it he's a good mate try and talk to him about it, but to be honest anyone who shoves you around like that wouldn't really be what I'd call a good mate. He's obviously got issues and needs to pay the big man, he's probably pretty insecure about something.

Hard luck for finding out who your mates are in such a cruel way.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
First, Cowboy up and learn to fight.

Second, stop going to Oceanas, it's a fuckhole.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Get a bigger mate, and go and hammer the fucker.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Its rather over the top really,i have whacked a few of my mates while pissed in the past:pits something that does happen but not to often.

so get over it and make up:thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's ok Graham, I'm used to it by now!

But I do have a short mans temper! Like Pancho from 'Dirty Sanchez' :lolol:
I'm not quite as short as him! But you get the picture!

To many bigger people underestimate the little guys, and I've experienced myself that it can be a mistake!

You have to assess very quickly how you are going to fight someone if it starts. Bigger blokes have disadvantages too. If you decide to get into it with someone of similar size or smaller then one or two hard and well judged blows should put them on their arse. I suggest one to the solar plexus and a crack to the cheek. Try to do this up close so you can almost lower them to the ground as they fall. You wouldn't want them to hit their head and cause lasting injury.

For the larger opponent you have to go for the areas that are not stregthened with fat or muscle. A forceful kick to the knee, using the full sole of your shoe will bring a tear to the eye of many a giant.

Remember big men generally force their way through lives and don't have to learn to think too hard. They think you will be intimidated. Don't be.

I recommend walking away from most fights before they start, it is very much not worth it but if you have to, have to get in a fight don't do anything that will cause lasting damage.
If you insist on hanging around flashpoints such as Weststreet taxi queus I would learn some restraint techniques. These are all legal, stop a fight in it's tracks and have the added bonus of making the other guy look like a nancy boy while you hold him there until he promises to calm down. Bingo.

Hope this has been of some help.
My advice though, stay off West St.

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
if this was completely unprovoked i would front him in the cold light of day and see if he has the balls to apologise if not make sure all of your mutual friends are aware of what he done,and if they dont make their feelings known f*** them off too and move on. i think you underestimate the power of the forehead on the nose-done correctly it can show the bullying bastard up for what they really are

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Kev you you seem like a nice chap with a good sense of humour from your posts, dont know anything else about you but I think you could do a lot better than having 'mates' like this especially a 'best mate'. f*** him off son

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yeah Kev where WAS this fat lip?

Attention seeker:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here