Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor doesn't sound very convinced (Argus)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Withdean Wanderer said:
Turn back the clock 2 years, and you HAVE Alexis Nicolas.
I was a fan of Nicolas but he was not as intelligent a footballer as Bertin looks to be, Bertin is also better on the ball, and has played many games at a higher level.

I hope we can keep him, and Lynch, but I expect we will lose at least one with Bertin out of contract. :(

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
The Large One said:
But Hammond wasn't really there operating in what is now Bertin's role. That was originally done by Chippy, then El-Abd, and occasionally Mayo.

Hammond is the pivot in the team - and we severely miss him when he is not playing. I don't agree with the surmation that Hammond's form has dipped - for me it hasn't, and if anything he is playing better knowing that the role he feared he might have to play is being taken by someone who does it very well. For me, Hammond is creative, and he is also a very good captain.

Hammond IS also injured - he is a due a hernia operation which he will have at the end of the season. Cox is out of form (as is Robinson) and that can weigh heavily on the roles Hammond and Bertin have to play, but that doesn't alter the fact that the role Bertin is there to do is something he does really well.

Agree totally with all of that.

He looked out of sorts on Saturday but you could say that about most of the 22 on the field! He has easily been our most consistent player this season and, for me, is miles ahead of anyone else for player of the season.

le ros bif

Jan 3, 2007
sw france
Withdean Wanderer said:
I agree there.

A handy little player - makes a few tackles and can pass the ball a bit. But i don't think he's THAT special.

Then again, i've only really begun to believe that Lynch is actually quality, so what do i know!

So you think that shambolic lot on Saturday against Israel were THAT special????:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here