Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro - Serious Injury

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It wasn't an "I told you so".

More of a give the guy a chance before consigning him to the scrap yard. There were plenty of people that were questioning his signing and writing him off. If you didn't do that, then you have no need to 'worry'.

Merely a case of - Yes do criticise, but give the guy a chance.

Oh good, I needn't worry then. I probably did slate him, but I am quite slow when it comes to fully writing a player off.

I'm assuming you have the same "wait and see" attitude towards Holroyd then?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Oh good, I needn't worry then. I probably did slate him, but I am quite slow when it comes to fully writing a player off.

I'm assuming you have the same "wait and see" attitude towards Holroyd then?

No need to be sarcastic. Navarro had a record of being a decent player at this level.

I have only seen Holroyd twice and once he did a decent job against Charlton. I'm not going to lay into the chap and write him off. There are plenty of players that start off slowly.

I forgot that you were the oracle when it comes to football.

Ps I don't hate Murray because he didn't wave. I don't hate Murray at all. There are only a few players I feel that are worthy of acidic comments.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No need to be sarcastic. Navarro had a record of being a decent player at this level.

I have only seen Holroyd twice and once he did a decent job against Charlton. I'm not going to lay into the chap and write him off. There are plenty of players that start off slowly.

I forgot that you were the oracle when it comes to football.

Ps I don't hate Murray because he didn't wave. I don't hate Murray at all. There are only a few players I feel that are worthy of acidic comments.

Erk. I wasn't being sarcastic. No need to be abusive.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We bloody well will! He's VITAL to how we play under Gus. Kish or Batti will do a job there, but won't reach Alan's level of ability at that role.

Agreed. I reckon Kish can do the job though, with Dicker slotting into the other role. More concerned about Sparrow in the short term, who on earth plays there? Maybe we will have to go 4-4-2.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I didn't think I was abusive, but I did think your Holdroyd stuff was sarcastic. I apologise.

I haven't seen enough of him to write him off, but I have seen a bit of him to suggest that he could turn out to be a decent player. I think people are far too judgemental, when it is not a simple case of editting the right spreadsheet etc.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I didn't think I was abusive, but I did think your Holdroyd stuff was sarcastic. I apologise.

I haven't seen enough of him to write him off, but I have seen a bit of him to suggest that he could turn out to be a decent player. I think people are far too judgemental, when it is not a simple case of editting the right spreadsheet etc.

I thought it a reasonable question as Holroyd is our current scapegoat.

Tonight was depressing, but we can still build a good team for Saturday and WHEN we win, this game will be largely forgotten about.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I thought it a reasonable question as Holroyd is our current scapegoat.

Tonight was depressing, but we can still build a good team for Saturday and WHEN we win, this game will be largely forgotten about.

Indeed.

It would seem that the Carling CUp was used as an experiment to see if the reserves were up to it.

It is up to Gus to garner information from it and we are all incredibly biased on that front.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Agreed. I reckon Kish can do the job though, with Dicker slotting into the other role. More concerned about Sparrow in the short term, who on earth plays there? Maybe we will have to go 4-4-2.

Is this Kish who has yet to get through 90 mins? He barely lasts 60 mins and when he goes off it really does leave us up shit creek with Nav and Sparrow out.Time to get a loan player in quickly for a month or two before the season starts to slip away from us. I'm sure Gus will have to look at this now as we are down to the bare bones in midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here