Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro - Serious Injury

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I went to see Portsmouth vs Swindon years ago and the Swindon keeper (4th choice) was studded in the groin on the 18th minute. There were no keepers left, so he had to carry on. I later read that he has one of his testicles stitched up and 5 stitches on his scrotum.

Mildenhall, I think it was.

I cringed at that. I would rather have the snapped banjo string :nono:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I went to see Portsmouth vs Swindon years ago and the Swindon keeper (4th choice) was studded in the groin on the 18th minute. There were no keepers left, so he had to carry on. I later read that he has one of his testicles stitched up and 5 stitches on his scrotum.

Mildenhall, I think it was.

How bad was Digweed's injury against West Brom in the eighties? Did someone in the South Stand really catch his testicle or was that an urban myth?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
They're so saggy it must be hard to do. Impact on any tense part of your body is going to be an issue, but I don't see how you can really tear a bollock open.

Ok, say you were naked and got it caught on a bared wire fence?

or a butchers knife?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Lets have a group dwell in for banjos

*who's got me coat?*

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That was nearly TWELVE months ago. Plus if you had witnessed such great games as Millwall away and Charlton at home (to name but two) then it was the right opinion at the time.

However since he has recaptured his form (and I take credit for that) then I recognise he is an important player.

:laugh:

I saw a few games at the start of the season and he looked as though he could be a decent player.

I seem to remember we agreed that he had a good performance against Millwall - I searched that and we agreed. Why can't I remember important stuff and not useless stuff..!

The point was, he joined us and was clearly unfit, yet there were people questioning the signing of him, demanding he be sent to Elgin Rovers and generally kicking up an unnecessary fuss.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
How bad was Digweed's injury against West Brom in the eighties? Did someone in the South Stand really catch his testicle or was that an urban myth?

Ruptured uretha, from memory. I was stood near the tunnel when he came off, there was a large patch of blood on the front of his shorts.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Help is at hand.

P_4114_L00.jpg

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ruptured uretha, from memory. I was stood near the tunnel when he came off, there was a large patch of blood on the front of his shorts.

Ruptured urethra was right. Spoke to him about it a few years later. At first he didn't realise how bad the injury was and tried to play on, but then realised his trackie bottoms were soaked in blood. He could easily have died.. lost something like eight pints by the time he got to hospital I think - which is why he never found the song especially amusing!

D

Deleted User X18H

Major urban myth. He did however run of the pitch whilst the ball was in play.

Kevin Bremner went in goal.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I wouldn't worry. He is shit, fat and half of NSC would have shipped him out after the first few games last season.

He was very poor at the start of last season. He ADMITTED this himself. Why do people keep bringing this up as if it's some kind of "told you so"?

He WAS rubbish, he improved a LOT through the season.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He was very poor at the start of last season. He ADMITTED this himself. Why do people keep bringing this up as if it's some kind of "told you so"?

He WAS rubbish, he improved a LOT through the season.

It wasn't an "I told you so".

More of a give the guy a chance before consigning him to the scrap yard. There were plenty of people that were questioning his signing and writing him off. If you didn't do that, then you have no need to 'worry'.

Just pointing out a mad overreaction if a player doesn't show his premiership qualities from day one. I seem to remember that Forster was pretty slow out of the blocks, but he faced very little criticism compared to Navarro.

Merely a case of - Yes do criticise, but give the guy a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here