Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro - did he touch the ball tonight?

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Still not convinced by his presence on the park. I watch where the play is and he simply isn't there. He must be doing an awful lot off the ball to justify his place. Gus -or anybody please convince me that we can afford to 'carry' such an anonymous player.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I wouldn't question Gus for a second, and The Orchestra of Flair needs an enforcer, so I can see Navarro has a role, but when the commentator mentioned Navarro after 64 minutes I did wonder "where has he been?"

Assume his main role is sweeping in front of the back four - so he's breaking up oppo play not creating ours. Is that about it?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
you fcuking muppets, if you watch ther ball and listen to the sh1t commentator, you will see hat you see and hear what you hear.

but if fior a few minutes you just follow nav, you will see what he does, don't follow the ball just follow nav, and you'll relaise why he helped take the doones to the double.

leave off him, he does he base job in na 5 man mid just fine.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
you fcuking muppets, if you watch ther ball and listen to the sh1t commentator, you will see hat you see and hear what you hear.

but if fior a few minutes you just follow nav, you will see what he does, don't follow the ball just follow nav, and you'll relaise why he helped take the doones to the double.

RSNA1902A-682_736434a.jpg

Jesus chummy - take a pill. Apologies for not knowing as much about football (if not spelling and punctuation) as you seem to think you do. I think it's fair enough to ask those that do know about football to explain his role - I was always told that this is how one learns. So sit back down, get your ADHD back under control and see if you can actually enlighten people.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

:clap2:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
some people are so clueless and don't see all the work he does. unsung hero, protects the back four so well, uses the ball well. may not notice him when he's playing, but will sure miss him when he's not there.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The thread starter said he wasn't convinced. The next comment was saying that he is improving. I asserted that he must be doing the job asked of him and asked for an explanation of that role - why are you all getting so damn defensive? No one here needs to "leave off him" - no one is ON HIM!!

The alternate view, heard at Withdean, is that he is a fat scouse **** who should come off of the all pie diet for a bit. Don't forget, these comments are from people that DO watch him play.

The last few games I've been more impressed by him. Seems to be protecting the back four and playing the easy ball out. Today I thought he was off the pace.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Must confess I didn't understand half of what you were saying there but I think I have the gist!

Here is my take.

Basically, if Gus thought he was not up to it, he would have dragged him off! He was fine (imo)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
God I hope this thread is a wind-up, lost count of the amount of interceptions and how much he broke up their play

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
He would have spent most of the game watching the ball fly over his head as Colchester hoofed it up to our defenders who just headed it or hoofed back to Colchester, for them to hoof it back to our defenders who just headed it or hoofed back to Colchester.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
some people are so clueless and don't see all the work he does. unsung hero, protects the back four so well, uses the ball well. may not notice him when he's playing, but will sure miss him when he's not there.

Indeed. One of these players who doesn't get the praise he deserves just because he doesn't do much going forward or make pretty passes.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
He is more effective against a better passing team where he can break up their passing moves before picking out one of the attacking players. But as Mendoza said most of the time last night it was lumped over the midfield's heads up to the big strikers. He still played well and did the job required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here