Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Natwest

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I know it's not the staff's fault but I am absolutely livid with natwest, a big chunk of our benefits due to go in today, some of which is to do our shopping and for my birthday lunch today. The newhaven branch closed in April so we will have to join what will be a huge queue at either seaford or peacehaven to try and get some money to get some shopping now, adding to the stress it's causing my disabled mrs. Not a happy bunny :angry:

My misses had to upgrade her account due to her only being allowed to money out natwest banks and when they shut Newhaven she had to go peacehaven or seaford so she asked to upgrade which she has to pay a monthly fee for so she can withdraw money at any account.

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Theres a few people on forums saying Halifax have a "small glitch" with incoming payments this morning as well- not sure if thats from payments from Natwest accounts though or just in general

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
try running a business where you have to send and receive money all day long - and none of it is showing anywhere on the system - pretty disgraceful by Natwest, so far no comment or explanation save some press statement in response to numerous complaints - would have been nice had they thought to mention it as soon as they knew their system was compleyely kaput!!!......

When there were 5 separate big banks 50% of accountants, solicitors & estate agents, guys that needed instant transfers still used the smallest TSB which has had instant real time banking for decades. Open a separate a/c with LTSB & not have all eggs in a worse basket

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
My misses had to upgrade her account due to her only being allowed to money out natwest banks and when they shut Newhaven she had to go peacehaven or seaford so she asked to upgrade which she has to pay a monthly fee for so she can withdraw money at any account.

Heard that HSBC is going within 12 months too. Mrs can draw at any cashpoint but twatwest haven't put any money in our account, which is empty :lol:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Heard that HSBC is going within 12 months too. Mrs can draw at any cashpoint but twatwest haven't put any money in our account, which is empty :lol:

mental really so the development gets the go ahead and the banks move out?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
No account updates this morning. It's the day my bonus gets paid today and the one and only day I actually like looking at my current account balance which currently sits at £45 over drawn. That is going to get worse as 2/3 of what I should be paid should go out today.

An IT change has ballsed up somewhere and it must be big time for a days worth of hassle.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Also payday and bonus time for me too. Nothing has been paid into my account. Twats :angry:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

She has upgraded too far. Presumably now has Ad Gold at £12.95pm or Select Silver at £8pm. Send her back and ask for a downgrade to Select account with no fee if she doesn't want any additional benefits like travel insurance etc. Could even try for a refund of fees if the only reason it was offered was for cash withdrawal flexibility.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To anybody that's been put off joining the 20-deep queue at Natwest London Road branch today, can I point them in the direction of Churchill Square branch. It seems to be undergoing a major refit, but its open, practically deserted, and belatedly features a Service Counter where you can do proper stuff like pay in cheques and take out money. Oh, and there's no queues.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i put 600 cash in fri and 200 today was told none of it will show on the system for a while :(

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I paid nearly 4k for something and that has shown straight away. Quick to take, slow to give.

tell me about it,the direct debit for water and council tax still cameout<i have been with them30 years,and his is the first ever problem i can remember,but it aint a good one esp as its end of month at the end of week and i have shit loads going out.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The effect of this whole shambles is obviously distressingat best for customers of RBS and Natwest, and for many it is catastrophic.

I wonder what effect it will have on the bankers' bonuses at the end of the financial year?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The effect of this whole shambles is obviously distressingat best for customers of RBS and Natwest, and for many it is catastrophic.

I wonder what effect it will have on the bankers' bonuses at the end of the financial year?

It won't have any effect. Some scapegoat will already have been identified and sacked, and it'll be business as usual for the rest.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Bet365 transfers take 48 hours also,wonder how long will take this week to withdraw from and put back in bank

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Doesn't really tell you anything you don't already know but we've just had the following memo at work:

You may have head of the issues that NatWest had over the weekend and we have been in touch with RBS/NatWest regarding the payroll this week. Because we use BACS software to make the payroll payment, they have informed us that this is unaffected and the payroll will go through.

They are trying to resolve the issues, which mainly seem to be effecting the updating of transactions on their systems. As a result they have warned us, that customers who bank with RBS or Natwest may not see the salary payments on their electronic statements, but they have assured us that any funds will physically be in the account and that customers need to go into a branch with their details and ID to access funds, but if you have any concerns please contact RBS. Employees who bank elsewhere, should be unaffected.

We get paid on Thursday so by the sounds of things this is going to be ongoing for a little while.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Natwest sacked their IT staff that were base in the UK and knew what they were doing, then out sourced it to India, for cost saving. I wonder how that has worked out :facepalm:

Most heads of companies just see IT as just a cost like tea and coffee. They don't realise that their whole comapny is fcked without it. For an IT person to keep things running without any glitches, because they are doing their job properly, normally leads them to made redundent, because managment twats think, "Oh IT does not go wrong so why do we need this person looking afer it" :rolleyes:

With this knowledge I will be moving my Natwest account.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why don't people move bank? A lot of choice out there, and most will handle moving direct debits etc ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here