Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Native British train yobs

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
surrey jim said:
on the one hand it would be nice to go up and tell them to stop, however in this day and age they could be carring knives etc. even telling the police wont get anything done about it, slap on the wrist and free to do it again

Which isn't the Police's fault but the CPS and the courts for failing to prosecute and deal with these tossers.

Personally I take great pleasure in dealing with useless anti-social twats such as these. Far from having my hands tied behind my back and being unable to deal with them there is the unwritten legislation called 'The Ways & Means Act'. In the absence of any clear cut offences to arrest the fuckers we simply wind them up to the point that they kick off and then use a level of reasonable force on them commensurate with what they deserve! ;) Usually tends to meet with approval by the innocent public who have had to put up with them.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
algie said:
You stand up to them,then it will be you in court on charges.Thats the way this country is now

That's rubbish actually, according to one of my friends who is a solicitor in central London.

If you stand up to a criminal its highly unlikely that you'll end up in court. If you do, its highly likely that the jury will come down on your side.

The stories that end up in the papers are extreme cases where the "victim" has clearly over reacted.

It's very,very rare.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Gully said:
Willow gives good advice, have the number for BTP on your mobile phone. They are keen to stamp out behaviour that is offensive to both passengers and railway employees, they will more than likely arrange a welcoming committee for the offenders.

So what's the number? They seem to say 999 on their website, although there is a non-emergency freephone contact number.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
There is a non-emergency number for the normal cops, think it is something like 113, surely if you believe that there is a public order offence being committed and a severe risk of harm to people or property then 999 would suffice.

Seagull Stew

I was travelling on a London bus in the summer when a couple of yobs got on. They were acting so badly that the driver refused to drive on until they got off.

They then just went and sat on the back seats of the bus. I simply called 999, told the police what bus we were on and where it was and made sure I was overheard by these shits (which I guess was a risk) but it got them off after a few abusive yells from them.

Not sure it would apply the same to a moving train but no-one should feel bad about dialling 999 if someone is breaking the law. It's not down to you to decide what warrants an emergency or not!

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
surrey jim said:
on the one hand it would be nice to go up and tell them to stop, however in this day and age they could be carring knives etc. even telling the police wont get anything done about it, slap on the wrist and free to do it again

To be fair, kids have been carrying knives and so on for years and years.

The whole situation with uncontrolable youths in England is very, very sad and something which will never improve unless the whole country changes.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lush said:
So what's the number? They seem to say 999 on their website, although there is a non-emergency freephone contact number.
:bounce: :bounce:

What's the number? In no way was this even close to an emergency but I think a word in their ear would definitely have been called for. Besides, there are normally 1-2 transport police at Brighton station in the evening anyway.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
falling_down.jpg

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bry Nylon said:

:lolol: :lolol:

For the record I would have done exactly the same as you MoH.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what you are witnessing is the break down of society. there is nothing to prevent this behaviour. you ignore it, the person opposite does, the driver and station master let it go by, the policeman might "have a word", their parents dont know and dont care... everyone is at fault.

And make no mistake, these are not chavs and underprivilaged kids, they are your kids, your brothers and sisters of a certain age.

You used to be like that. you put you feet up on the chair, you gobbed out the window, you couldnt be arsed to put your rubbish in the bin. I know i did. next generation doesnt see why it should behave better, and to stay "cool" have to behave a little worse.

i dont know the answer, but until people recognise the actual problem, it there isnt going to be a solution. And it will most likly take a generation or two to reverse, so you better start thinking hard about it.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
beorhthelm said:
i dont know the answer, but until people recognise the actual problem, it there isnt going to be a solution. And it will most likly take a generation or two to reverse, so you better start thinking hard about it.

When some innocent bystander gets stabbed/shot to death on a rush hour commuter train only then will Reactionary Blair do anything about it.

Law and Order is breaking down much much faster than the Liberal thinkers would have you believe.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
About four years ago, I *DID* stand up to exactly the sort of scum you're talking about - white scroggy kids on the train. They had got on at Waterloo and wasted no time at all in pissing everyone off, and then scaring a few people. It was the day of the May Day riots and they were bragging about how they'd punched a policeman, kicking and standing up on chairs, spitting on the windows and then the final straw - they "terrorised" a middle aged woman who was sitting on the train minding her own business. To their credit, the two blokes sitting the other side of the corridor to me picked them up on their behaviour saying they were arseholes, but they were just saying f*** off and laughing at these blokes etc. So I interjected to say that these blokes were right and that they were a bunch of sad wankers. They then turned on me, but at least there were now 3 of us fronting up to these 7 fuckwits (aged between 15 and 20 I'd guess). They carried on abusing all of 3 us and treating it as a joke when I decided to change tack. I looked at the one I guessed was oldest and pretended to puke and said "f*** ME YOU'RE AN UGLY ****". He goes "what did you say?" and walks threatenlying towards me. Now I'd had 2 pints with my dad, so had a bit of Dutch courage - so I replied "Ugly *AND* Deaf. But mostly f*** UGLY I'd say".
The tallest one then also gets up and walks towards me (I am now out of my seat) so I walked into him and shouted "f***ing SIT DOWN". He then eyeballed me and gobbed in my face, so I absolutely FLATTENED THE ****. And I mean I put him on the floor. Adrenalin now rushing I turned round and went to the "ugly" older one and asked him "if he f***ing wanted some". Then someone pulled the chord (we were 100yards out of the station) and these kids first bleated how they were going to use a knife, then how threatened to report me to the police. I turned round and said "you find one person here who saw me punch you first". The two blokes (the only other two who had dared to get up or confront these yobs in the first place) both said "Sorry, nope I didn't see that" with massive smirks on their face. I then told them to f*** off before someone else got a slap. Oddly enough, that's what they did and then the police eventually boarded the train and arrested these pricks. I wasn't even questioned.

The thing that annoyed me most is that of a train of commuters at 8.30pm, just THREE people stood up to these fuckers.

I'm guessing that one of them has "grown up" into the moron that is Algie.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Forgot to say - the woman who was abused later walked back to our train carriage to thank the 3 of us for standing up to these cretins.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Simster said:
About four years ago, I *DID* stand up to exactly the sort of scum you're talking about - white scroggy kids on the train. They had got on at Waterloo and wasted no time at all in pissing everyone off, and then scaring a few people. It was the day of the May Day riots and they were bragging about how they'd punched a policeman, kicking and standing up on chairs, spitting on the windows and then the final straw - they "terrorised" a middle aged woman who was sitting on the train minding her own business. To their credit, the two blokes sitting the other side of the corridor to me picked them up on their behaviour saying they were arseholes, but they were just saying f*** off and laughing at these blokes etc. So I interjected to say that these blokes were right and that they were a bunch of sad wankers. They then turned on me, but at least there were now 3 of us fronting up to these 7 fuckwits (aged between 15 and 20 I'd guess). They carried on abusing all of 3 us and treating it as a joke when I decided to change tack. I looked at the one I guessed was oldest and pretended to puke and said "f*** ME YOU'RE AN UGLY ****". He goes "what did you say?" and walks threatenlying towards me. Now I'd had 2 pints with my dad, so had a bit of Dutch courage - so I replied "Ugly *AND* Deaf. But mostly f*** UGLY I'd say".
The tallest one then also gets up and walks towards me (I am now out of my seat) so I walked into him and shouted "f***ing SIT DOWN". He then eyeballed me and gobbed in my face, so I absolutely FLATTENED THE ****. And I mean I put him on the floor. Adrenalin now rushing I turned round and went to the "ugly" older one and asked him "if he f***ing wanted some". Then someone pulled the chord (we were 100yards out of the station) and these kids first bleated how they were going to use a knife, then how threatened to report me to the police. I turned round and said "you find one person here who saw me punch you first". The two blokes (the only other two who had dared to get up or confront these yobs in the first place) both said "Sorry, nope I didn't see that" with massive smirks on their face. I then told them to f*** off before someone else got a slap. Oddly enough, that's what they did and then the police eventually boarded the train and arrested these pricks. I wasn't even questioned.

The thing that annoyed me most is that of a train of commuters at 8.30pm, just THREE people stood up to these fuckers.

I'm guessing that one of them has "grown up" into the moron that is Algie.

:lolol: I was always told that violence doesn't solve anything.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I'm guessing that one of them has "grown up" into the moron that is Algie. [/B][/QUOTE]

A bit unnecessary eh simmy :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here