Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nations League & other international football, October 2022

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My local tobacco store temporarily closed because they cant pay the electricity bill.. ****ing hell. The football better be good tonight...

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Kazakhstan's home form is so strong. Surprised they were 6/5 just to beat bloody awful Belarus. They won 2-1.

If I still bet I would have had a decent size wager on but the 3pm kick-off would have posed a few problems. Two months without betting now. I don't miss all the studying that's so time consuming. It's impossible to make a profit long-term.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
England U21s have beaten Italy 2-0. Southgate must have tipped off Lee Carsley that Rushworth is actually a Brighton player, and he's not in the squad this time round. They can't have spotted Colwill isn't still with Chelsea!

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
England U21s have beaten Italy 2-0. Southgate must have tipped off Lee Carsley is actually a Brighton player, and he's not in the squad this time round. They can't have spotted Colwill isn't still with Chelsea!

Not overly surprised that Lee Carsley isn't playing for England U21. Bit surprised he is a Brighton player though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Turkey vs Luxemburg is great, the luxemburgians are impressive. Pretty decent football nation these days.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not overly surprised that Lee Carsley isn't playing for England U21. Bit surprised he is a Brighton player though.
Ah. Edited it now!- I was sure I'd typed those two extra words in - hopefully it makes more sense to you now!

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Turkey vs Luxemburg is great, the luxemburgians are impressive. Pretty decent football nation these days.

A Goliath v David tie in terms of both country's size.

Turkey's goals were a penalty and an own goal. Jammy. Twenty years ago they finished third at the World Cup in Japan and South Korea.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Any Spanish speaker who can give some info about what it says in the statement here?

https://elprincipat.com/ildefons-lima-i-linter-club-escaldes-responen-les-informacions/

That's Catalan not Spanish but here's a Google translate:

21:48

INTER

JOINT PRESS RELEASE

FROM MR. ILDEFONS LIMA AND INTER CLUB ESCALDES

Mr. Ildefons Lima together with Inter Club Escaldes, through this press release, want to make it clear that the accusations of alleged fraud that have appeared in the last few days in certain means of communication in the Principality are absolutely false and without any foundation.

Inter Club Escaldes and Mr. Lima have not participated in any pact, agreement or arrangement with any team, to achieve sporting goals. The accusations made, which, we insist, are completely false, are seriously affecting

the honour, probity and image of sportsmen in general and Andorran football clubs. The accusation is based, essentially, on an alleged alignment by the Holy EU

Julia below its potential to, allegedly, favor Inter Club Escaldes. now

well, it must be done considering that in their previous match against FC Santa Coloma, UE Sant Julià

fielded an even lower lineup with, including, a goalie playing the entirety

of the match as a field player. This extreme is easy to verify by comparing,

simply, the two alignments.

In any case, the alignments correspond to tactical options of the UE Sant Julià and under no circumstances respond to agreements or party arrangements, an accusation that we categorically refute.

In the light of the elements exposed, we question whether the false accusations made could be part of a manipulation and a strategy to attack Inter Club Escaldes and its athletes. In this sense, we will urge the appropriate legal actions in order to properly investigate this false accusation and the information that has been disseminated in particular to a press outlet.

All in all, we will not tolerate the integrity of the sportsmen of Andorra's football sector being called into question by third parties with the sole aim, it would seem, of attacking Inter Club Escaldes. It is worth noting that just a few days ago Inter Club Escaldes was the subject of another accusation of improper line-up also spread by the same media, before the club was informed by the FAF. The competent body of the FAF, after receiving the club's allegations, closed the file immediately and without any further procedures when it found no basis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here