Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nations League & other international football, October 2022

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
More from Gareth Southgate: "It's really difficult to pinpoint why we are not scoring. I think we are getting into the right areas. We had the moments where we would have the pass but we just didn't deliver that final piece of quality tonight.

"I understand the reaction at the end because that's the results we have had in this competition. It’s an understandable emotional reaction."

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"It’s a spell where ultimately results are going to be the thing that everyone reacts to but I thought there were a lot of positives for us as a team tonight."

"Lots of good individual performances. I personally thought the performance is a step in the right direction. I completely understand because of the result that is not going to be the reaction."

Well Gareth, the result does tend to foster a reaction. As did the last 4 results for that matter. But you completely understand that.

I'm surprised that you haven't used any Newspeak describing relegation as 'negative promotion' or 'alternative progress'.

Save that for Monday night then.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I must say it's quite refreshing not having to worry how shit Southgate is, quite happy if he gets the sack now

Completely agree. Now fully behind the ‘sack Southgate’ agenda. He’s absolutely useless. England should state that Potter has to take over for the World Cup on a temporary basis to give us at least a fighting chance.
Southgate is tactically inept.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Gareth Southgate has managed Middlesbrough and England - and been relegated to the second tier with both. Quote from BBC website.

Heavens, how i wish i had been able to earn such riches as Southgate and yet delivered so little substance in my employment

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"It’s a spell where ultimately results are going to be the thing that everyone reacts to but I thought there were a lot of positives for us as a team tonight."

"Lots of good individual performances. I personally thought the performance is a step in the right direction. I completely understand because of the result that is not going to be the reaction."

Well Gareth, the result does tend to foster a reaction. As did the last 4 results for that matter. But you completely understand that.

I'm surprised that you haven't used any Newspeak describing relegation as 'negative promotion' or 'alternative progress'.

Save that for Monday night then.

And the **** needs to get a decent haircut, like Potter did when he upgraded his salary recently, not slope about with hair that was last cut by his mum, or a boy scout on bob-a-job week, at least a month ago. I bet he has visible nasal and ear hair too. It's a ****ing disgrace.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Gareth Southgate has managed Middlesbrough and England - and been relegated to the second tier with both. Quote from BBC website.

Heavens, how i wish i had been able to earn such riches as Southgate and yet delivered so little substance in my employment

Riches you say. This is GS’s home, what a fantastic profession to excel in.

59F9DB12-F8B5-44D1-AAD9-D32938E34FBD.png

I’d love a garden like that!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Don’t understand this over rated Grealish thing. The guy is class, England’s most talented player.

Totally agree, he is the only player that really makes things happen. I’m also baffled at how a talented player such as Foden always looks so bang average in this England team

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
When the Nations League was first conceived, the idea was that it would reduce the number of meaningless friendlies.

England's relegation means we can now look forward to the footballing powerhouses of Georgia, Kazakhstan and Montenegro.

Still, I'm sure we'll hear from Southgate and the FA that there are no easy games in international football anymore. :rolleyes:

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Well i took something positive from this game (that i didn't actually watch) . Judging from the reaction on here i am much happier with my decision not to watch any of the corrupt so called world cup. I used to be fanatical about the England football team but i am very much in the meh camp now. Goodness alone knows what my dear departed dad, who went to the quarter final and semi final in 66 would make of it all. :down:
I still miss him so

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
The future.......World cup out in round of 16................Southgate sacked......................Potter approached...............Chelsea want £50m compensation................FA appoint Dyche.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
For starters get rid of that f*****g stupid jumble sale of an England shirt. It looks ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here