Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

National Falmer Day - Saturday 6th March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
I'll be running the Paris half marathon I'm afraid.....it'll have to be in the Stripes now!

FFA

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
For those of us in the North West the options are the

Div 1
Burnley
Stoke
Wigan

Div 2
Blackpool
Stockport
Wrexham

Div 3
Bury (v Orient)
Macclesfield

I would prefer to give my money to someone like Bury.

How organised do we need to be? Do we need to concentrate on one fixture, and try to organise local publicity with the home team.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
For what it's worth there is also a basketball match at 7pm that evening at the Brighton Centre (Brighton Bears v Thames Valley Tigers, crowd of around 500 expected)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
fataddick said:
For what it's worth there is also a basketball match at 7pm that evening at the Brighton Centre (Brighton Bears v Thames Valley Tigers, crowd of around 500 expected)

if ANYONE is going to this take some leaflets. I went to one of these basketball :yawn: fests last year and there we're tons of kids in footy shirts...plenty of BHA too!

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
THE FOLLOWING UK SPORTING EVENTS ARE BEING TELEVISED LIVE ON SATURDAY MARCH 6TH:

BBC1
4pm RUGBY UNION: England v Ireland @ Twickenham
6pm FOOTBALL: Liverpool/Pompey v Arsenal

SKY SPORTS
12.30pm FOOTBALL: Man U v Fulham/West Ham
6pm RUGBY LEAGUE: London Broncos v St Helens @ Brentford
8pm BOXING: Scott Harrison v someone @ Glasgow

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Padders said:
How organised do we need to be? Do we need to concentrate on one fixture, and try to organise local publicity with the home team.

Someone needs to keep track of who is going where (I'm happy to do that). So far I think we've got volunteers for Torquay, Notts Co, Swindon, Oxford, Swansea (Friday night), Crawley and hopefully Bristol Revers (bozza?).

The FFA campaign will be attempting to get an article in each home programme, plus an announcement before kick off. Exactly what each attendee needs to do (apart from distributing leaflets) still needs to be decided, but ideally this would include getting a photo taken at the game, with an appropriate message.

I think FFA will give some more guidance on what everyone should try to do next week.

Meanwhile, we need volunteers!

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
MAYBE able to contribute at the Wimbledon v Sunderland game, bit of a chicken so I'd like someone to hold my hand!

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Bono said:
MAYBE able to contribute at the Wimbledon v Sunderland game, bit of a chicken so I'd like someone to hold my hand!

Ideally there would be more than one of us at each game - I agree, it will be easier if moral support is provided by fellow Seagulls!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Who do I contact about the inclusion in programmes? It says at the top that FFA will try to get something in all LEAGUE programmes, but Crawley have suggested they would put something in theirs already, so I need some copy to send them.

Ta.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Bournemouth at home sounds easy for me to get to. I'm sure some other Seagulls in this area will join me? DTES, Soton SGull, Raphael Meade, Eastleigh etc?

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
sully said:
Who do I contact about the inclusion in programmes? It says at the top that FFA will try to get something in all LEAGUE programmes, but Crawley have suggested they would put something in theirs already, so I need some copy to send them.

Ta.

Sully, I think you have a good thing going with Crawley - I suggest you progress on your own. Keep NSC updated with progress, ofcourse. I don't think there's any intention to exclude non-league teams, but probably only the Crawley game is likely to grab the imagination. Having said that, other Sussex non-league games could be included. It's just a question of man-power.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Padders said:
For those of us in the North West the options are the

Div 1
Burnley
Stoke
Wigan

Div 2
Blackpool
Stockport
Wrexham

Div 3
Bury (v Orient)
Macclesfield

I would prefer to give my money to someone like Bury.

Agree with going to Bury - especially as a lot of their supporters have signed the petition.
We could go to Old Trafford beforehand as well (although it may be a tad busy there!)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If this is March the 6th when are we meant to hear?.Have i missed something,do people think the decision is a while off yet then.If it is i will stop rushing to turn the radio on in my lunch break in the hope of a decision.:falmerspi

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
The Mole said:
Agree with going to Bury - especially as a lot of their supporters have signed the petition.
We could go to Old Trafford beforehand as well (although it may be a tad busy there!)

Perhaps we could leaflet Old Trafford early doors, or put leaflets in the programmes.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Anyone want to come with me to Rushden? (local derby with Peterborough could be fun! :lolol: )

I will drive up from Horsham, so room for 3 in car.

Any takers??

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Regarding leaflets, I will get on to FFA and see how we can organise distribution. Great response so far - I think we have at least 10 league games, plus Crawley, covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here