Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

National Falmer Day - Saturday 6th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Falmer For All team are backing the idea first floated on NSC to declare Saturday 6 March as National Falmer Day.

This is the original NSC thread

Plans are now being formulated. They include:-

Getting a half-page plug for our campaign into every matchday programme sold at league and cup games that are being played on 6 March.

National press coverage for the event.

Encouraging Albion supporters to attend a game on 6 March, wear the stripes and hand out leaflets and prepared letters to John Prescott.

To help make a National Falmer Day successful, initial contact with the press and the matchday programme editors will be co-ordinated by Falmer For All, through the good offices of "someone close to the Albion".

Further details will be posted on NSC as the plans develop.

And remember ... we owe a special thank you to Tranmere Rovers for their progress in the FA Cup.

:)

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You'll have to count me out on this one, unless there's a league game going on in Zanzibar on that day. :(

Bloody holidays. Who'd want them? :nono:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Sounds good - will await further details.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK I am up for this but what about the mass strategic leaflet campaign on all Sussex towns that day ?

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Beach Hut said:
OK I am up for this but what about the mass strategic leaflet campaign on all Sussex towns that day ?

I don't see any reason why that can't take place as well, to be part of NFD. There will be a number of different elements. The key thing is to co-ordinate who will do what. I would suggest we set up a central co-ordination point (perhaps someone could even set up a special web site, or email address, for people to log what they are going to do?)

If this is to work it will need organisation.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Redland and myself will be en route to a punk gig in London, could hand out a few leaflets on the train up there and various pubs we *will* be in :drink: :D

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We'll have an NSC party - simple

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Cool. But if you don't mind, I think we ought to have one in Brighton. Hartlepool is kind of grim these days.

Me, I'm still not against the idea of going to Oxford. New ground, decent chippie in the city centre, nice pubs, plenty of students... Oh, yes.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am quite happy to leaflet somewhere but really don't like the idea of going to another game.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'll be up for going to Oxford. I have some mates there so I'm sure they'd be willing to lend a hand leafleting.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Soerry to be the optimist, but what if we've heard JP has given the thumbs up before the above date?

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Fixtures for Saturday 6th March

FA Cup Qtr Finals
Liverpool/Portsmouth v Arsenal
Man Utd v Fulham/West Ham

Premiership
Birmingham v Bolton

Nationwide Div One
Burnley v Preston
C Palace v Reading
Gillingham v Nottm Forest
Rotherham v Bradford
Stoke City v Watford
West Brom v Coventry
West Ham v Walsall
Wigan v Crewe
Wimbledon v Sunderland

Nationwide Div Two
Barnsley v Luton
Blackpool v Port Vale
Bournemouth v Wycombe
Colchester v Hartlepool
Notts County v PLymouth
QPR v Oldham
Rushden v Peterborough
Stockport v Bristol City
Swindon v Brentford
Wrexham v Grimsby

Nationwide Div Three
Boston v Rochdale
Bristol Rovers v Southend
Bury v Leyton Orient
Cambridge v Northampton
Cheltenham v Lincoln City
Kidderminster v York
Macclesfield v Darlington
Mansfield v Hull
Oxford v Huddersfield
Scunthorpe v Yeovil
Torquay v Carlisle

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Count me in, whatever we're doing.

I think we should hire ourselves a coach and set it up as a Campaign Bus, like politicians do for elections. Then we drive around as many football towns and cities as we can over the course of the weekend, handing out leaflets and shouting We Want Falmer through a loudhailer (don't suppose anyone kept the one from Wycombe did they?).

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here